[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for the reply, Sovyn :-)

I'm not so concerned about the dps (tooltip or not) as I know they're not that descriptive. I put them in there simply to provide at least some information about the damage of each setup.

The clear speed seems to be faster with Heavy Strike than Static Strike, but much more importantly, the life leech is much better. It's the comparative survivability of the two options that concern me, not so much the clear speed.

I know that Melee Damage on Full Life is not optimal, but losing that will mean less physical damage, meaning even less life leech.

The Catacombs have some resistant mobs, but afaik the giant skeletons aren't. I've done at least 5 run-throughs with each option, Heavy Strike is consistently faster, and the life bubble refills far faster after being hit than when using Static Strike.
Using Heavy Strike, I just jump into everything the area can throw at me, but with Static Strike I have to be careful at times as life can drop so low I have to back off.

I like this build a lot, and it is the first melee build I've ever really enjoyed. Just thought I'd provide my input :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on Jun 2, 2015, 6:29:02 PM
"
Cyzax wrote:
I know that Melee Damage on Full Life is not optimal, but losing that will mean less physical damage, meaning even less life leech.

Since Melee Damage on Full Life is not actually doing anything, pop a life leech or life gain on hit there, problem solved.

No problem either way my friend, I used heavy strike a lot too in the past. Just trying to help :)

Edit, forgot to mention that the elemental leech on Doryani's Catalyst is quite good with static strike.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 2, 2015, 7:39:59 PM
Hi ! currently trying this build and its really fun :)

For the end game, would you recommend to go with The bringer of rain helmet + the soul taker + Aegis aurora + Rainbowstride ?

Thank you :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
Edit, forgot to mention that the elemental leech on Doryani's Catalyst is quite good with static strike.

I know, but don't have one :-p
I'm mainly playing self-found, though I have bought a few items now and then in the past...
As I plan to start a new Lazy Pally in the new league (still undecided if hc or sc) in 2.0, I really like the sound of todays News post:

New Low-Level Uniques
With The Awakening, no aspect of Path of Exile is going without a detailed look by the development team. That includes unique items. We've noticed that while our end-game uniques display a breadth of choice, we were lacking low-level unique items – particularly one-handed weapons.

In The Awakening, we're adding at least 8 new one-handed weapons below level 40.

It's gonna be fun leveling again with new content and a whooping 8 new one-handed uniques to fit our build! :)
I find myself coming back here each time I decide to rip it up in PoE and I got to say I have tons of fun.

I took one of my mid level characters and took advantage of the full passive reset and picked back up and used what gear I had stashed away.

Gear
I'm level 50 atm

Screenshot
Resists are overcapped but I am almost to Merc so I will let it roll

Any tips/suggestions for going into Merc?
"
monkthekey wrote:
Hi ! currently trying this build and its really fun :)

For the end game, would you recommend to go with The bringer of rain helmet + the soul taker + Aegis aurora + Rainbowstride ?

Glad you are having fun, monkthekey!

No, I can't recommend using all those uniques together as you might not be able to afford to max out your resists just on rings and gloves (super high end stuff required plus you would probably end up losing the damage in those slots to get the resists). Plus Soul Taker is lackluster damage for how much it costs, it's not even 300 pdps.... maybe for dominating blow but other than that, meh. It's probably easier to integrate a tabula actually as you only lose one slot for resists rather than two..... and the top dps with tabula is a little more than BoR because you get 20/20 support gems....
"
Stefacle wrote:
As I plan to start a new Lazy Pally in the new league (still undecided if hc or sc) in 2.0, I really like the sound of todays News post:

New Low-Level Uniques

Yes I saw that too! Looks nice. I'll have to figure out which ones are best at what levels. Offhand I'd say that Gorebreaker looks like nice dps for level 10. Lavianga's Wisdom is barely an upgrade and required level 20... hmm. Lakishu's Blade is only 82 dps which seems a tad low for level 28 (compared to Mightflay 126 dps at 35) but the level 1 multistrike support built-in is not bad for a quick and dirty 4-link. I'm guessing a decent rare weapon plus an easy to get 4-link would be a bit better around 28 than this sword.
"
CptSatch wrote:

(I'm currently saving for the Stone with 3-4% block chance, but its not highly necesary)

What about swapping

for

I will lose 200 Life and less than 200 armor, but I get 3k dps more in Sarn.
"
No, I can't recommend using all those uniques together as you might not be able to afford to max out your resists just on rings and gloves (super high end stuff required plus you would probably end up losing the damage in those slots to get the resists). Plus Soul Taker is lackluster damage for how much it costs, it's not even 300 pdps.... maybe for dominating blow but other than that, meh. It's probably easier to integrate a tabula actually as you only lose one slot for resists rather than two..... and the top dps with tabula is a little more than BoR because you get 20/20 support gems....

What about switching Soul taker for Doryani's Catalyst and give up BoR for a rare helmet + belly of the beast 6L. Would you give up Aegis Aurora + Rainbowstride too ?

Thank you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info