[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Looking like Glacial Hammer is getting a buff in the closed beta as well. +10% base damage and +10% chance to freeze enemies. Too bad melee splash is a bit clunky but it might be worth another look anyway due to its ability to freeze packs. Not that packs of white / blues are any threat as the build stands currently and will be even less so with fortify. However they did mention a full rebalance of monster difficulty which I assume will mean the game will be scarier in general so every trick might matter.

Currently GH does waaay less damage than static but worth another look in 2.0.
Hey Lazy Pally's, I'm back after a two months break from PoE :)

Probably gonna play the 1 month league starting tomorrow as I think it sounds fun. Noticed in my Steam achievements that I still haven't beat the game as the Witch, so I will probably be playing an Arc witch for this league, but plan to be playing the Lazy Pally again for the Act 4 release of course!

Sovyn, I read that you signed up for the Act 4 beta, but didn't get a key yet. I also read that you wouldn't have much time to play the beta, although there are some things that you may want to test.

What I am wondering is, would you be interested in a beta key?

I ask because I consider getting a support pack, but I don't plan to play the beta, so I might have a beta key to give away and couldn't think of a person who deserves it more than you, if you want it, that is?

Let me know if you are interested :)
"
Stefacle wrote:
I ask because I consider getting a support pack, but I don't plan to play the beta, so I might have a beta key to give away and couldn't think of a person who deserves it more than you, if you want it, that is?

That's very kind of you my friend, I accept.
The first thing I've learned in beta is that reduced mana support gem is pretty much going away at the moment so looks like we will be dropping tempest shield or herald of ash. I'll be fine losing tempest if the rare jewels end up having some block on them.
It's been said for ages (I think Kripp said it way back in closed/open beta) that Reduced Mana is the most OP gem in the game as it benefits all builds, more or less, in a major way. So yeah, a nerf to Reduced Mana did seem to be in the cards.

However, there should be buffs to defenses with Fortify and the new Golems. Also, I read somewhere that there should be a buff to Armor?

So yeah, maybe we could loose Tempest for the build, or maybe keep it as a utility skill that can be swapped with Herald of Ash depending on the situation.
"
Stefacle wrote:
So yeah, a nerf to Reduced Mana did seem to be in the cards.

Not telling you anything you don't already know but for others.... Aura reservations have been adjusted a bit. For example, a 60% aura is now 50%. Also the enlighten gem will function similarly to how the current reduced mana works. Unfortunately I think a high level enlighten is too impractical for all but the most wealthy so I probably won't recommend it for the build. I don't think it's a big deal either way though. I'll find a way to stay max block and not lose dps either.

PS I suspect we will be going with the flame golem rather than the defensive one.
Sounds good Sovyn, I do like the idea of the Flame golem :)

About mana reservation, here is what I have been able to gather so far:

PLease note that Auras and Heralds have been adjusted as well I'm unaware of all the changes though!
Anger -50%
Wrath -50%
Discipline - 35%
Vitality - 35%
Purity of Elements - 35%
Heralds - 25%

Enlighten also has a reduced mana multiplier now, at 4% per level.

Anger and Wrath had a 16% mana reservation reduction. So by default it's as though they are being supported by a Level 7 Reduced Mana.

Discipline had a 41.7% mana reservation reduction. I'm assuming Discipline is getting nerfed though.

Vitality and Purity of Elements, 12.5% reduction.

Discipline was originally 40% on CB release I think, then it got reduced even further to 35%.

Heralds were also changed to 30% on CB release, then reverted to their old 25% values.
So far in the beta, armour gear seems very good in the early game. Vigilant strike, used only to apply the fortify buff, is a little extra work but not too bad, just hit it on engage. Made Brutus a snap. Claws are nice due to the life gain on hit. Molten Strike seems to be the best attack skill gem offered in the early quests now. I hear they will be eventually adding in a system to exchange gems for other choices so presumably static strike will be an option.
Tested bandit rewards in beta,

- took a 5% life node, got 29 life

- took Oak 40 base life reward, got 48 life

- took another 5% life node after that, got 31 life

So Oak is still good at low level, probably not as good with endgame gear. Splitting hairs either way as I've mentioned in the past. :)
Good stuff Sovyn, I knew you would put that beta key to good use :)

Yeah, as always if you want max life you should help Oak in Act 1, but if you want the flexibility of a passive tree point that you can use for anything, you should kill 'em all!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info