[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

By the way, it's funny that I asked how important spell block was because I ran into Merveil in maps last night and died twice haha.

So now I guess I know, from experience. Time to shuffle around my gear I think, thanks for the input.
"
martinaw7 wrote:
By the way, it's funny that I asked how important spell block was because I ran into Merveil in maps last night and died twice haha.

It happens, we just pick ourselves up and go on. :)

Merveil was buffed quite a bit in 1.2. Still easy in Graveyard (harder though than she used to be), but now very hard in Necropolis (75 Map, recently beaten successfully by me without dying, though rest of group died unfortunately -- not lazy pallies). Spell block helps with these. :D
Hey Sovyn, 1stable i wanna say congratz and thank you for the guide! I started playing this game 1 week ago and i just found ur guide quite good and its helping me alot in this game so far, but i have a question, i saw into ur skill gems and somehow i notice there is alot of gems at low lvls (boots gems) i did understand that really helps to activate alot of times the "enduring cry", but may i ask you if i can lvlup without having any problem lvling the cast damage taken+imortal call+molten shell+increase duration link (Gloves) or should i just get same lvls as u did (boots and gloves) cast damage taken lvl12 and the other at lvl 1!?

This is my gear :P I know its a bad right know, but im wondering what should i buy in the next purchase!?

Cheers*
Last edited by fak1t on Sep 7, 2014, 2:51:07 PM
"
fak1t wrote:
.....cast damage taken lvl12 and the other at lvl 1!?

This is my gear :P I know its a bad right know, but im wondering what should i buy in the next purchase!?

Cheers*

Hello fak1t! The theory with cast when damage taken immortal call setup is to prevent you from dying to physical damage, so if you get a big physical hit, the immortal call will be up to prevent a second big hit from killing you right away.

I suggest having immortal call activate around half of your life. If you look at the chart on the wiki, you can find a value what works for you.

For example, my life is 4600, so I would want my CWDT at level 16 as that's close to half (2280 total damage).

As you know, associated active skill gems cannot be leveled above the level required for the linked CWDT, so we make a note of the level of the CWDT we want (16 is... level 61.)

Next, we reference immortal call wiki page and notice that an upper limit of 61 means we level immortal call to 16 as well. The support gem linked to the active skill is not level limited (increased duration) so, max that one.

Your current gear looks great for only one week in. I would suggest picking up a high ilvl 5-link white chest and alchemy/scour/repeat until you get better stats than your current chest, e.g. life 90+.

Secondly, buy a level 19 or 20 (no quality) depending on your budget Reduced Mana for your auras, so you can run two.
Ty Sovyn , once again :)

I will use the same method then, im gona lvl the gems on Chest, Helmet, shield and weapon, the other ones (boots and gloves) i will lvl as you did!

btw A chest with 6 sockets and 5 links (normal) its really expensive :S
Last edited by fak1t on Sep 8, 2014, 3:09:12 PM
"
fak1t wrote:

btw A chest with 6 sockets and 5 links (normal) its really expensive :S

Here are 25 for sale 5 chaos and less: http://poe.xyz.is/search/aruanarikarezu

A 5-socket 5-link is even a bit cheaper.

Edit, it just occurred to me you might be looking at the item's level requirement, but for the crafting I suggested above, I mean the ilvl which you can find by typing /itemlevel with the item on your cursor, or by holding alt and hovering over it in the trade window. 70+ ilvl is pretty good for crafting it.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 8, 2014, 4:01:45 PM
But my chest is not worse comparing with those 6 sockets 4 links , right!?

Btw My mana regen or something like that is really bad right now, i cant even spam my reave, always without mana :S
Last edited by fak1t on Sep 8, 2014, 6:08:49 PM
"
fak1t wrote:
But my chest is not worse comparing with those 6 sockets 4 links , right!?

Btw My mana regen or something like that is really bad right now, i cant even spam my reave, always without mana :S

1) You need 2% mana leech on an item. Slitherpinch or a ring.

2) Your chest has terrible stats. I tried to tell you a cheap way to solve that. :) (Alchemy/scour/repeat, on a cheap high ilvl chest)
Hey Sovyn, I was wondering why you'd recommend Soul Taker as a weapon choice with Reave since you can't use Reave with a mace. If I'm able to get the weapon Soul Taker, what's another skill you would replace Reave with?
"
thekomj wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I was wondering why you'd recommend Soul Taker as a weapon choice with Reave since you can't use Reave with a mace. If I'm able to get the weapon Soul Taker, what's another skill you would replace Reave with?

If you notice in the guide, I recommend reave / ground slam / cleave depending on the best weapon you have available.

I'd go with cyclone if you have a soul taker. cyclone - concentrated effect - melee physical - increased aoe - faster attacks - added fire

That said, reave will do the same clear speed for a lot lower cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info