[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Thunder91 wrote:
Yo there, awesome guide, the only drawback I'm seeing so far is getting a good weapon...
Right now at level 50 I'm using this, but it's way tooooooo slow

Still trying to find a better rare weapon :| every time I try to contact someone found on poe.xyz, he is offline, the last one (having a rare sword with awesome 232pDPS) even refused to trade because he doesn't play standard league much .-.

Yeah, sorry about that friend, but there is really no way around having to have a good weapon on a melee build. I know it's hard right now to get a trade done on Standard because everyone is in the new leagues but keep trying, it will be worth it. Don't forget to level up the right attack/support gems too as you get them, they help a lot (see combo in guide for suggestions). And, physical damage on rings/gloves.
Hey Sovyn, beat the game through merciless and started mapping on this character and loving it so far. Had to use cyclone to get to act 3 merciless then managed to use reave and now I'm doing 3k dps at level 73 (this is probably too low, but it works and it's all I can afford right now)

My big problem now with using reave is mana mangement (was using cyclone with blood magic for a long time). I used to have 3% mana leech and that was enough, but now I only have 2% and I'm running out of mana. This is forcing me to use grace and clarity instead of purity of elements (since my res is low). Have any advice?

Thanks so much for this build. It's gotten me to the endgame.
"
Kojack37 wrote:
My big problem now with using reave is mana mangement (was using cyclone with blood magic for a long time). I used to have 3% mana leech and that was enough, but now I only have 2% and I'm running out of mana. This is forcing me to use grace and clarity instead of purity of elements (since my res is low). Have any advice?

Hi Kojack37, Glad you have seen some success.

The 5-link combo recommended in the guide for reave is very easy to maintain mana wise. You need a level 17+ reduced mana support gem linked to your two aura gems. 2% is enough mana leech. Recommend high physical damage weapon (elemental won't leech). Recommend a little mana regen on gear if you can't get it to work otherwise.
"
Kojack37 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, beat the game through merciless and started mapping on this character and loving it so far. Had to use cyclone to get to act 3 merciless then managed to use reave and now I'm doing 3k dps at level 73 (this is probably too low, but it works and it's all I can afford right now)

Thanks so much for this build. It's gotten me to the endgame.

Well atm I'm doing slightly under 4k phys DPS at lvl 63... You can always find yourself a nice weapon, but not everything is in a good weapon (it is the main priority though), to be clear on that. There are other pieces of equipment that complement phys dmg in a HUGE way.

The gloves I use (linked above) are responsible for at least 600 phys dps + on tooltip alone.
The rings also provide a huge boost.

The amulet should also give around 500dps at least, though I am not using it atm, since I dropped this:

The spell block increase from this one just far outweighs having an additional 500dps on top of my current 4k dps on reave.

Weapon I use atm:

Though if you haven't found or bought yourself a good unique amulet to go with this build, this kind of stuff might just cut it for you.

If you need it really bad, you can contact me ingame (IGN: RageAgainstTheMachinery) and I can sell you my Apocalypse Talisman.

Well it's up to you to decide :)

Have fun playing this build, it's an awesome one. Ever since I solved my dps problem, things are getting really easy for me.

Wrecking catacombs (lvl 67 instance) at lvl 63 on merciless is just priceless for me, I assume that with the right endgame items (I'm only really missing the same shoes Sovyn has in his gear for the additional spell block) on maps I will be able to do the same.

Well that anvil amulet is tasty too. I saw one selling it for 1 ex, will have to see about that. First the shoes though. And I will have to get the shield with spell block conversion. All with time though :)

My gear atm:

Spoiler

Currently capped block, spell block at 40%, capped resists, chaos is at -30% but need to get myself some chaos res stats. I am currently waiting on a 4 R-R-R-R shoes to finish my defensive cwdt link with IC and Molten Shell.

Then I feel I'm pretty much good to go, to start with.

P.S.: Since I managed to acquire some nice leveling gear, I can sell you guys some stuff that can come in really handy. After all I feel its nice to contribute to this build by posting some trade opportunities with items for this build right under the guide itself! :)

I can sell this:

Well, if you didn't manage to get yourself a Crest of Perandus (or have it already, but wish to have more eva on your shield), this shield is a nice alternative, you can also equip it pretty soon.

Edit: Actually after thinking, this shield is an awesome alternative to Crest of Perandus, since it's 100% curse duration makes it even better for cwdt+vulnerability, able to cast on dmg that handy 20% phys dmg buff which would last much longer with this shield, thus increasing your dps a whole lot since the 20 sec duration allows you to practically curse the whole group for 20 seconds. Since the curse increases your phys dmg it also increases the leech you do. Awesome.

Contact me ingame for further stuff :)
Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 29, 2014, 1:02:53 AM
"
Recommend high physical damage weapon (elemental won't leech).

Yes, this is exactly why I personally hate hatred with this build.

Although it brings HUGE Dps increase, it really does just that. No defense increase whatsoever.

"
Sparkl wrote:
I personally hate hatred with this build.

I like hatred as it allows me to clear faster. It scales based on how much physical damage you have, so nothing is wasted. Grace + Hatred is used most of the time as 99% of the time Determination is not really needed. Haste might be a good option instead of Hatred but I have not tested it. I would imagine that sustaining the mana could be a problem with haste for some folks as more attacks per second = more mana consumed per second, and mana leech is capped. So, Hatred it is.
Can someone explain the thought process behind levelling cast when damage taken to level 2 exactly ?
"
As to mana, if you are using melee splash with it's 160% multiplier you won't be able to keep up. That's why I always recommended a skill with built-in AOE, then you won't have any mana problems. LGoH is an offender too (150%), so I use a claw which has leech on it. I'm not afraid to use a flask now and then too.

OMG, you are right! I started using LGoH because i loose 3% lifeleach from Crest Of Perandus and 2% not enough.
Thanck you all, I'll try to get a good claw. I thinck I'll change BoR only for 6 link item. Crafted resists will help.
"
Rizzophrenic wrote:
Can someone explain the thought process behind levelling cast when damage taken to level 2 exactly ?

Read description of gem on the wiki.
It activates gems, that have the same or lover LEVEL REQUIRED, not the gem level.
And higher CWDT levels require more damage to be activated, so dont wont to activate immortal cry or molten shell, when you allready dead. You want them just at the stert (same for curses).
Am... After getting myself BoR aswell to try it out... It rocks. Man this is sick, the implemented blind is awesome. Also the 15% block chance stat leaves you with a HUGE pile of shield to choose from.

I really do believe that having BoR is the most suitable alternative until being able to afford a 6 link. After that it's debatable, yet still BoR is practically a 7 link so... :P In that case it's more a dps/blind control vs pure defense stats.

Blind just adds a ton of survivability, especially when you get ambushed by a group of critters, blind takes care of that quickly.

On merciless, I can facetank Kole without seriously thinking about potting. Yes, his crits can really extremely hurt (almost 1hko), but extreme leech and pot solve that instantly. I am also waiting on a high armour shield to replace my crest of perandus as it's not needed anymore, and that will bring up my phys reduction aswell.

Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 29, 2014, 2:06:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info