Cast on Melee Kill is unusable

I got a lot of fun when leveling my CoMK character. And once I link it to discharge, I even share this good thing to all of my friends. However, when I play with my friend in a small party (3-4man), I found that this gem is bad designed. In a party, you can't guarantee you kill that mod. It means that your CoMK do nothing. Even if you have so high DPS, you still lose more than half of the damage dealt. Okay, you can link it to Culling Strike, but it means that you need to "waste" at least 3 links (culling + CoMK + spell) to make this skill works. However, it still doesn't guarantee you cast that spell.

I can't think of a good suggestion to make this work. Maybe making it culling with attack can work (at least only 2 links are needed). Also, an increased/more melee damage is a MUST. To avoid people use it without linked spell, spell linked should be required to make that culling and increased/more attack damage works.

Please fix it. (In fact, Oro's Sacrifice solves that issue. But do you think that a gem can only be used with 1 unique is a good design? Also, Oro's Sacrifice culling doesn't always apply.)

PS: You can indeed keep CoMK the same but change the spell damage to 200% MORE. By doing so, we can still risk the loss of DPS for a high reward.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Sep 14, 2014, 12:54:29 PM
tl;dr: Don't play in party. close thread pls
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
Pretty much all on kill effects can only be relied on while solo. Keeping up powercharges while in a group is pretty impossible(with assassin's mark).
Last edited by kasub on Sep 14, 2014, 3:33:26 PM
use culling strike
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
It's just a crap overall design. It's not like put on a short timer for near kills like a lot of other abilities in the game. It either you get the kill or bust.

Not only it's awkward to use but it's not very good.

The thing that is most annoying about it is that in the most ideal setup it can be very good, but it's with Sweep and Hegemony's Era. I've got beef with both of those things. Crap skill with item that fixes crap skill - worst bandaid of them all.
Last edited by YellowMage on Sep 14, 2014, 6:23:27 PM
"
YellowMage wrote:
It's just a crap overall design. It's not like put on a short timer for near kills like a lot of other abilities in the game. It either you get the kill or bust.

Not only it's awkward to use but it's not very good.

The thing that is most annoying about it is that in the most ideal setup it can be very good, but it's with Sweep and Hegemony's Era. I've got beef with both of those things. Crap skill with item that fixes crap skill - worst bandaid of them all.

The idea of short timer short work! That time needs not be so long. Basically a few second is enough. The timer can only be applied by your linked attack. If the mods die due to that attack, or others (not your other attack or spell, but can be triggered by your party member's spell or attack), the spell will be triggered.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I want more people to use this in Beyond.
Power siphon supposedly still gives you the charges if an enemy is killed shortly after you hit. They should make it work that way for most, if not all on kill effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info