Experience Question(How does monster experience in maps work?)

I have a question regarding experience.
I've already read the PoEWiki thread about experience(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience) but i can't find an answer to my question anywhere.

I am lvl 80 currently, so it means i can run 72-88 maps without exp penalties, but does a 72 map provide the same amount of exp as a 79 map?
How would i level faster, doing 72 maps(to safe currency/worth, cause 72maps are less worth then 79 maps)till i reach 81, then do 73 and so on or should i do high level maps(78/79) already?

My thoughts on this matter are like this: Lets say a 72 monster gives 100exp and i got no penalty, but if a 79 monster gives 200exp, it would be faster to level doing 79 maps. But if 72 and 79 monsters give the same amount of exp as long as they are in my +/-8 level range it would be better to do lowlevel maps as long as they give exp without a penalty and safe the high level maps for later when the lowlevel maps are not worth running anymore.

I could not find anything regarding that topic so my questions are:
1. Do higher level monsters give more experience than low level monstern(ofc without penalties)
2. Which of the ways i explained at the top is the fastest way to level, or does it not matter which map i run as long as i am not suffering experience penalties?

I hope someone can help me, if there is any thread featuring this topic already it would be great if you could put a link in your answer. :)

Last edited by Knorps on Sep 14, 2014, 11:25:10 AM
1. yes, higher level monsters give more experience

2. best xp is the highest content you can do without xp penalties and without loosing clear speed

e:
magic and rare monsters give extra experience compared to normal mobs so rolling pack size and/or magic mobs boosts your experience gained quite significantly
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Last edited by kaarelo on Sep 14, 2014, 12:10:09 PM
Yes, higher level monsters give more experience. However, you may find you level faster running the LOWEST level map that doesnt have a penalty, purely because your clear speed will be that much faster. For example, if it takes twice as long to run a Courtyard map as it does a Canyon map, you'd be better off running canyons as the courtyard map probably wont give twice the experience.
try to get magic/rare monsters as a roll on your maps and/or packsize. magic(blue) monsters give about three times as much xp as a white mob and rares(yellow) give about five times the xp as a white mob so aim for that when rolling maps.
also note that different kind of mobs give different amount of xp for example killing a squid gives way less xp than killing a rockgolem in the same arealevel.
details at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_Experience

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info