[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Anyway, my concern is not so much the damage output, I'm quite happy with 17.2k (and some more to come with max gem level/quality). I am more focused on endgame survivability, i.e. HP and damage mitigation and in this respect TTD has very little to offer. ;)

I agree...had to check you out a bit to see how you were getting up to 17k dps...see you are 6l with iron will...for me at the moment 6l isn't really an option unless Rngesus finds a lucky fuse. To be honest, I'm running 75's / 76's fairly quickly with the added dps from TDD, dps I currently can't replace with iron will. Each totem is at 13k tooltip atm.

I am also worried about endgame survivability. I am aware that my shield and chest need to go for me to take on higher maps (should they ever drop in any quantity that I can consistently run). The mechanics and math surrounding TDD aside, I can attest that my totems are almost instantly shocking all mobs, and the added dps is visible and impressive. That said, I would clearly give up TDD in higher content for survivability. I have a belly I am trying to link and a lioneyes as well. I am running 4 jewels at the moment...which may leave me short a few needed points, but I feel I can justify each one. Is a leveled empower a suitable upgrade to iron will?
---Mothernature---level 61 Witch Dual Sporker
---Nuee_Ardente---level 51 Templar Endurance Marauder
---Primum_Frigidum---level 79 Cold Witch Pulser
Last edited by muddymushroom on Aug 10, 2015, 5:00:28 PM
"
micwizard wrote:
have a question about ... Greater Multiple Projectiles adding to the linking for more faster clearing?

Flame Totem has been buffed and fires 3 projectiles now, so there is really no need for LMP/GMP anymore. For the same reason Flame Totem now has the upper hand over Spell Totem/Incinerate.

You will also loose a lot of "firepower" with LMP/GMP, when I replace the 20/20 Faster projectile gem with 20/20 LMP the DPS drops from 17,742 to 14,396 and to 12,667 with 20/20 GMP. Now this is with pretty decent gear, 6L setup and high level/quality gems, if you don't have all this at your disposal your damage will be a lot less with GMP and frankly no longer good enough for higher level maps. Flame Totem isn't exactly a high DPS build and you really can't afford to loose 30% damage... My deux centime.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 10, 2015, 6:51:34 PM
"
muddymushroom wrote:
Is a leveled empower a suitable upgrade to iron will?

I doubt it. Without Iron Will I loose more than 2.8k DPS... Iron Will is a big one. ;)

Edit: I just checked the DPS difference between a lvl 19 and lvl 20 Totem gem, it's 1,846 in my case w Iron Will (19/12), 1509 w/o Iron Will. Doing some quick maths (my 19/12 Iron Will gem adds 2,836 DPS, +2 Flame Totem level should be little over 3k DPS) I'd say it's a close call between a 20/20 Iron Will gem (which will be 6% more spell damage than my current gem) and lvl 3 Empower, the difference-if any-will be marginal at best.

However, a corrupted lvl 4 Empower gem will certainly be a big boost. Is it worth it? They sell from 30 exalts in standard, so this call is yours. But maybe you are filthy rich and do not care. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Aug 11, 2015, 6:08:04 PM
Does the clear mind jewel work with BM?
Yes, it does.
Area damage works on flame totem?
"
Area damage works on flame totem?

No, area damage modifiers have no effect on Flame Totem.
What to do when I gathered all the necessary of this build? Good rare wand, rings, gloves etc.? How to up dps?
Most DPS really comes from a 6l setup, even a cheap Tabula will go a long way.

As for the weapon, look out for a nice wand or scepter (much lower requirements) with incr. spell/elemantal damage and cast speed. Added elemental damage (preferably fire) to spells is a nice bonus.

Amulet and rings with incr. fire damage and cast speed will further improve your damage, crit chance/multiplier is a bonus.

Also Strength on items will boost your damage (Iron Will) and indeed your life pool.

And then there are jewels, they offer tons of useful modifiers for this build. Max life and armour, a great variety of spell/elemental/projectile damage mods, flat cast or with fire skills/while holding a shield, totem damage/life/resistance, you name it... options galore really, good luck with rolling nice jewels. ;)

But as I said before, this will never be a super high DPS toon, so better focus on survivability. 15k+ per totem should be easy enough to achieve at around lvl 85 with a 6l chest and not much else (without my 110% spell damage wand I'm still doing 14k). Plenty damage to clear maps in reasonable time.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 13, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
Today I bought Apep, made 6L Infernal Mantle and use Flame Totem 21 lvl 20%. My dps was 18k nearly, but I wand about 30k dps, but without losing vitality :D
Last edited by SuicideBoy on Aug 13, 2015, 7:33:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info