Unique Farming

I am a little confused about how and where uniques drop and was wondering if someone could help clear up some confusion for me....

when farming for a particular unique the monster levels in the area are important because their level need to match the item attributes.

what i am confused on is does the level requirement for the item need to match the monster level or does the item level itself need to match the monster level?

eg: a helm that is level 60 and has a level requirement of 50 to wear. an order to obtain this helm do i need to farm monsters that are level 60 or 50? and if it is the item level itself where could i find the information on what level the uniques are? i seem to be having trouble finding that information such as on POE wiki....
"
do i need to farm monsters that are level 60 or 50
you need to farm monsters of level 60. However if you are in a "monster level 60" area, only the white monsters are at level 60. The blues, yellows, uniques have higher levels so they can drop higher level items
"
perafelix wrote:
"
do i need to farm monsters that are level 60 or 50
you need to farm monsters of level 60. However if you are in a "monster level 60" area, only the white monsters are at level 60. The blues, yellows, uniques have higher levels so they can drop higher level items

The magic, rare, and unique enemies simply drop a higher level. Their level is still that of the area.
When farming specific unqiues keep in mind some only drop in aps from a certain level. Not sure but Koam's chest comes to mind. You're theory of level requirement etc doens't apply to this item. It only drops in maps lvl 75+ (I think).

Edit: according to wiki: koams heart now drop outside of maps patch 1.0.0g

Still some other items just drop in maps. RESEARCH if you go for specific unique!
Last edited by Punica1980 on Sep 11, 2014, 4:54:09 AM
Thanks guys any suggestions for a good website that could tell me all the info about uniques and what level they are and where they drop?
The wiki:)

Although I hear a lot about it not being up to date it should be fine for your unique info.

I don't want to spoil your idea but keep in mind uniques just drop at random. There is no place where you can farm the best. All you can do is farm high enough maps to increase your luck. You can choose certain bosses which are easier to farm but in the end it is all random what they drop. There are no loottables!
Last edited by Punica1980 on Sep 11, 2014, 5:36:23 AM
My way to farm: just do high lvl maps. I have a whooping 36% IIR. I play 50/50 solo and group (for bonus). I have insane clear speed. And that's it. If I find something I am happy, if not so be it.

I also ran a IIR summoner a while with 400% IIR. Got multiple Uniques per map that way, but most were beyond crap and the spec is just boring (for me). I prefer my current way:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info