Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Is there any potential here?

Is there any potential here to gear a magic find character?

Recommendations? (disregard gems in gear)

EDIT: To elaborate a bit further. This gear all has Evasion in common. So can someone suggest a good MF build that can utilize this gear.

I think I'm stuck on my D2 days where if you were an MF build, you were a sorceress 100% of the time. Are their viable builds for PoE that aren't so gear reliant? So that I can stack them with MF stuff and still effectively farm?

Last edited by tedcahill2 on Sep 11, 2014, 6:24:15 PM
MF "potential" is based not on what MF gear you have, but what non-MF gear you have to make up for the MF gear you plan on using.

So what if you have an item that gives sideways eight IIQ and IIR? It's useless if you don't have items that give you the survivability and damage it takes from you.
I have rephrased my question. Please take a look at the EDIT:
"
tedcahill2 wrote:
EDIT: To elaborate a bit further. This gear all has Evasion in common. So can someone suggest a good MF build that can utilize this gear.

Yeah, insignificant amounts that makes me re-post what I first posted:

"
Natharias wrote:
MF "potential" is based not on what MF gear you have, but what non-MF gear you have to make up for the MF gear you plan on using.

So what if you have an item that gives sideways eight IIQ and IIR? It's useless if you don't have items that give you the survivability and damage it takes from you.

It doesn't really matter what the items give you. It's what you can get from your other items to make up for what your MF items will be lacking.

The helmet is useless for end game content. All it gives you is 33% to fire, cold, and lightning resistances while giving 10% to IIR. Not much of a MF item.

The Peregrine gives 20-30% IIR instead of the insignificant 10%, and gives 10% movement speed. This helps with clear speed for some builds.

Rat's Nest gives 20-25% IIR, 10% movement speed, 60-75% crit chance, noticeable evasion, and 15% attack speed. Overall this item is a much better choice compared to Goldrim.

So with Goldrim, you are basically using a lackluster rare that is only good for it's tri-res and nothing else. The other items give much more IIR, movement speed, and help other builds better. That's a lot of lost life/ES.

Your gloves are the same. All you get is 15% to elemental resistances and some IIR while losing a ton of life/ES. Its resistances are also much lower than a good rare.

All your boots give are some IIQ and a good fire resistance.

You really think that the negligible amount of evasion they give should even be considered?

As I said before, it doesn't matter what MF gear you have until you have a build that can take advantage of it.

What other gear do you have? Do you have Cybil's Paw and Crest of Perandus? Do you have Mjolner? What about a Tabula Rasa?

"
tedcahill2 wrote:
I think I'm stuck on my D2 days where if you were an MF build, you were a sorceress 100% of the time. Are their viable builds for PoE that aren't so gear reliant? So that I can stack them with MF stuff and still effectively farm?

Max block Cybil's Incinerate. Just get 40% block chance in the tree, run Tempest Shield, try to get Acrobatics, and have fun being able to use just about any gear. You can also make a summoner, which can farm low level maps without any serious gear.

Besides that, all other builds rely on gear heavily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info