Gameplanet releases PoE beta date and some PVP info

Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
so if you’re fighting someone you know they earned their place the hard way

Exactly.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Nice find. I think that's the first public PvP information.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Nice find. I think that's the first public PvP information.

http://pathofexile.com/press/release

Dev diary about this coming soon.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
so if you’re fighting someone you know they earned their place the hard way.

Unless they monitor for account sellers with 100% success ban rate, we won't know that.

:(
"
Chris wrote:
http://pathofexile.com/press/release

Dev diary about this coming soon.

Thanks. Your writeup had some finer details. Is this confirming Cutthroat League for 0.8.8/CB?

I'm really looking forward to the dev diary.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:

Thanks. Your writeup had some finer details. Is this confirming Cutthroat League for 0.8.8/CB?

I'm really looking forward to the dev diary.

Cutthroat and the PvP options aren't ready yet. They won't be in the very first version of the Closed Beta, but we will be adding them as soon as they are ready. Simple PvP modes will be added at first, with more complex ones before the Open Beta. The announcement and dev diary describe our intentions because we haven't spoken publicly about PvP before.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Wow, I've been so busy I didn't even realize CB was coming. Kudos.

Keep up the awesome work guys, with the less than good publicity D3 is getting over it's cash auction house the iron is hot for a game like this to strike.

Awesome news mate, can't wait to read.

P.S. Will the alpha testers get a nice shiny Beta Member below our names ;p
RIP Bolto
"
konfeta wrote:
"
so if you’re fighting someone you know they earned their place the hard way.

Unless they monitor for account sellers with 100% success ban rate, we won't know that.

:(

Sure, there will still be some cheating but I'm sure they'll at least try to prevent Real Money Trading.

Not like that other game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info