What's the deal with Youtube?

I should probably know the answer to this but since I don't hopefully I can get an answer without being flamed for my ignorance.

What is the advantage to getting more poeple to subscribe to your Youtube account or commenting on a vid. Do you really get anything from that? Just status or bragging rights or what?

People seem to favor that method of giving out keys here lately and I would much rather do something fun or requiring some intelligence like a trivia or a riddle. But these givaways requiring subscribing to a Youtube account and hoping I get picked from hundreds of others doing the same thing just makes me not want to bother.

So what's the actual gain for the key givers?
Last edited by rayden54935 on Oct 6, 2011, 12:16:08 AM
Depends on if you're a partner. Youtube partners get money for views/likes/favorites/comments/etc.

If they're not a partner and they're asking for that kind of stuff it could be to try and get partnered or maybe they just really want more just for their own benefit and nothing else.

Who knows man, some people probably don't even realize how much it can irritate other people.
Last edited by sinosleep on Oct 6, 2011, 12:30:26 AM
Actually, since I bet that noone bases his future wealth on posting PoE vods on youtube (you gonna fail!), the advantage is this:

Once you are a partner, you can upload vids that are longer than 15 minutes ^^
If you've got enough videos you get that perk any way. I'm not a partner, but they've been bumping up my times since somewhere around my 20th video or something.
"
sinosleep wrote:
If you've got enough videos you get that perk any way. I'm not a partner, but they've been bumping up my times since somewhere around my 20th video or something.

Really? I did not know that worked! Nice ^^
Ah, I didn't know about being a "Partner" I watch many but never post on Youtube. Thanks for the answer!
"
Starcraft42 wrote:

Really? I did not know that worked! Nice ^^

If I was a partner you'd be right about me not making much money on POE content though. I got 20K plus for a few of my Mass Effect 2 videos, and I'm at 19k plus on a Deus Ex: Human Revolution vid I made a few weeks back, but my POE content is in the low hundreds.

Granted, I'm just not that good a commentator, Force and Lumin's POE content gets a ton of hits cause they are. My other vids have basically no talking at all and are more so tutorial vids. With POE I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough about the game to post outright tutorials, and my commentary isn't good enough to make up for it yet.

Oh well, at the end of the day all I'm really trying to do is get the word out any way. I LOVE POE and want it to succeed. So if even 1 person winds up giving it a chance based on a vid of mine I'll be happy.
Last edited by sinosleep on Oct 6, 2011, 1:08:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info