How does the invite timer work?

Do you have to click on it or something when your name comes up, or will you get a pm that you got in with a beta key?

This game looks great, thanks.
You will get a PM and a copy of it via E-Mail. You won't get a key, if you're chosen by the timer; your account will simply go over to "beta member" and you can download the client and install the game.
the cake is a lie
Cool, thanks for the quick answer, much appreciated :)

crosses fingers
remember if you're watching the invite timer, timer itself also is watching you!
IGN: KimELF, I encourage every player before making a thread to use Search option, Yes forum has that!
"
kimon wrote:
remember if you're watching the invite timer, timer itself also is watching you!

Pedo timer :)
I thought if you got an invite from the timer, your "activate now" button simply turns into a 'download now" button, instead of you getting a key? :)

I could be wrong, it's been known to happen. :)
Thank you for explaining this I was wondering how it worked too. Makes sense to just activate the account rather then give a key which might not be used by that account.
"
Thank you for explaining this I was wondering how it worked too. Makes sense to just activate the account rather then give a key which might not be used by that account.

the second version would actually make MORE sense, since most of the people wont download it anyways, so they could at least give away their key...
"
the second version would actually make MORE sense, since most of the people wont download it anyways, so they could at least give away their key...

Not to me. I don't understand why you say most people wont download it anyway, why would they sign up if they don't plan to atleast try it out once? If they don't bother to download it they probably wouldn't bother to give it away. If anything they would probably try to con some naive person out of money or something else if they did anything.

I would guess that GGG is keeping an eye on the number of downloads/people curently playing and adjusting the timer based on that.

I kinda see your point though, I just have a more pessemistic view of human nature I guess.
"
"

Not to me. I don't understand why you say most people wont download it anyway, why would they sign up if they don't plan to atleast try it out once? If they don't bother to download it they probably wouldn't bother to give it away. If anything they would probably try to con some naive person out of money or something else if they did anything.

I would guess that GGG is keeping an eye on the number of downloads/people curently playing and adjusting the timer based on that.

I kinda see your point though, I just have a more pessemistic view of human nature I guess.

Thinking once more about it, im pretty sure ure right... found a couple of posts on google where people were about to sell keys for > 30$ a piece! Oo

Just thought about people who registered ages ago and probably dont want to play (anymore) but then they wont bother to give away the key, but at least GGG could check if they activatet it (if not, give it to someone else). But yes, i think they keep an eye on it and its fine like it is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info