Glacial Cascade VS Freezing Pulse?

I'm going a crit Ice Caster build and i'm trying to decide between the two.

which in your opinion guys works best/does more damage?
I've been playing with a GC build for a while now. I've been destroying stuff, but I've always been tempted to switch to FP for a couple of reasons now:

FP deals more damage over a wider area than GC, and needs fewer nodes investment compared to GC, which I feel requires you to get at least one of the increased AOE clusters in the tree. GC on the other hand, performs better against larger mobs (Dominus second form is the best example) hitting at least three to four times per cast.

recent buffs makes me want to switch to FP (40% increase!) but GC also had an AOE buff, making it more than twice against a humanoid mob... most of the time. I've been destroying things. it's been hard to see if a mob dies in two or three hits with GC. :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
bump
I rolled a FP char and so far, I'm liking the change. Managed to perma-freeze Cruel Brutus with just non-crits so far and pretty much oneshot everything. Might be just the Herald of Ice though.

Can't wait to see what happens with a Taryn's Shiver..
I'll let you know how a 6l taryns works out. Going to try freezing and ice spear 20/20

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info