Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[1.2.0] Wabachaw's Viper Strike Ranger. Moar dots.

HELLO! In this thread I will be giving the details to my Viper Strike Ranger for beyond league. Since this league is about to start I am going to keep it to the basics.

Summary: I will be playing Ranger for maximum attack speed/life/evasion and using Crit based daggers. ST will be the primary skill while leveling and VS will be the single target... and eventually the aoe as well (needs 5l)

Leveling Progression:
Level 20
Level 33
Level 44
Level 55
Level 68

Full 103 (80+)

DPS
pending

GEAR

Will update this as needed.
twitch.tv/wabachaw
Last edited by wabachaw on Aug 21, 2014, 3:09:18 AM
Are those mana on kill nodes worth it?
@Meme
Revelry is insanely good for leveling!
twitch.tv/wabachaw
i'll try it out and post results later!
how will u use viperstrike for AoE?
"
IMKR wrote:
how will u use viperstrike for AoE?

With melee splash
what supporter gems are you using for 5l vs?
Viper Strike gem links

I'm guessing this is the link set up you went for? I guess you might swap Added Chaos Damage for Added Lightning damage for extra shocked damage or a PCoC gem for Power charges.

I'm wondering though why you leave out the Method in the Madness and Corruption clusters for extra chaos damage and damage over time? With the reworking of Viper Strike since Patch 1.2 I would say DoT has become massive on Viper Strike

You're skilling into Adder's touch, so presumably you were planning on/are using daggers?
"
eluec5 wrote:
Viper Strike gem links

I'm guessing this is the link set up you went for? I guess you might swap Added Chaos Damage for Added Lightning damage for extra shocked damage or a PCoC gem for Power charges.

This is a terrible setup.

Multistrike will reduce VS DoT almost by a third.
Added Chaos Dmg won't be added to DoT from Viper Strike and therefore is completely useless.

Anyway, Viperstrike synergises very badly with fast attack-focused build, so you are doing it wrong right from the start. Basically VS build should not aim for fastest attack speed.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
ya viper strike scales with the hit dmg so unfortunately, just like everything, it resorts into becoming a crit dagger build already

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info