Any Ideas On Making A Top Tier Mortal Conviction Build?

Title.

Guess it'll be easier with the Heralds' information. But any preliminary ideas so far?
hmm there are already some threads on the forum and reddit about aurabots mainly and the standard low life dagger crit but i was actually thinking about making a low life summoner with mortal conviction , basicaly--> quite a few auras (3 purities grace hatred discipline and vitality) and you can link the ones that you think are worth it more with generosity (the purities and vitality/hatred maybe are the only one that are worth it for minions imo). You take all the aura nodes obviously(well at least the aura effectiveness because if you stick to "only" 7 auras you wont really need all the reduced reservation ones) + prism guardian with necromantic aegis (you keep 3 60 % auras in prism guardian ) and the life reservation could be so low that you dont actually need any reduced mana on your auras freeing quite a few slots that can be used for generosity. You take zealot oath and a bit of regen , take cybil paw and link ball lightning to curse on hit and 1 or 2 curses , link increased duration and a high quality reduced mana to desecrate and flesh/bone offering and voila?You have a way to sustain both your es and life with no leech builds + some super tanky minions

Just an idea of mine and i think i will try it later on
Last edited by MadBro_ on Aug 20, 2014, 5:13:07 AM
"
Title.

Guess it'll be easier with the Heralds' information. But any preliminary ideas so far?

We might try it with LL spectral throw - you get all the auras you could want, but gotta drop your 6th link (usually faster attacks) for a LGOH gem. May or may not come out ahead vs a mana version with fewer auras.

We also discussed doing similar on Wander but I don't think it's worth there at all as you lose AA - not something you can really replace as it ups your clear speed dramatically.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
We also discussed doing similar on Wander but I don't think it's worth there at all as you lose AA - not something you can really replace as it ups your clear speed dramatically.

I was planning on doing it on a wander, what is the problem of losing AA v.s the clearspeed?
"
chromafunk wrote:
"

I was planning on doing it on a wander, what is the problem of losing AA v.s the clearspeed?

I think he means free 15% movement speed (or 18% if you are Jake)
With US you don't need paws ... Enough run speed imho
I thought about it and I realized it would still be quite difficult.

Mortal conviction necessarily means blood magic and means casting with health. To prevent you from killing yourself it necessarily means life steal. If you have any additional skills like lightning warp or leap slam that means you cannot use your entire HP tank to leave some space for these skills.

Now let us take another point of view. To use all your health on aura you basically are left with energy shield for defense. You are effectively a CI user that must use Shavronne wrappings. Other CI users can go for 1K ES armors. Since you are actually rich enough to have a shavronne wrappings. Then I assume for any LL build you are talking about you are merely shifting all your 13 auras shared on mana globe and hp globe to hp globe only. The only gain you get is the extra socket freed up from blood magic gem lol.
If you are not a support build you don't need 12 auras lol

A cool use for a support build would be 12 auras with generosity and specialized on curses. We have one guy in our guild that is a curse master (support) build and he is eager to reroll with the new patch. He really enjoys being a support, cool isn't it ?

:)
Last edited by chromafunk on Aug 20, 2014, 7:38:09 AM
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASshaUqiam13yl7XybqrYvTWSOlI26FiveA2pbg48FHHfvyW8g7YnC0KjpldN4_6PMZ6kOdCBR-Ii4hUgKk0_J9aKfyt311b6_MXdDSzpSn2HdmegMHxNkiP2jX20xcLsBbWNv1FHbIxirJ2qEZYOSOOENj1JUfDVlS4HHl3ycFKJ03DVKgvz6rVIH0EGIwMeFr9VS2HiJpWMNn3jLOGsZrk-2HZHBtvnkBtwVpoT_94k_edUz3qyGTIBmybo1tvUwdiooqr4OkJLeN2oMHHUIw==

Use with prism guardian as a shield.

Putting Hatred/Grace in Prism guardian with reduced mana should only reserve about 6% of your life.

Dagger crit build. Reave, Spectral throw, viper strike, etc.

I don't know about "top tier" though.

Edit: Should also be taking phase accro tbh.
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 20, 2014, 8:45:28 AM
I have an idea actually
Gonna try 6l molten strike or spectral throw without leech or lgoh!!
Hope idea will work, ill inform tomorrow about it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info