Critical Damage rework?

I dont know if this has been suggested already but maybe it is possible we get TRUE critical strikes? In old games, crit comes once in a while, but when youre having a close to or a 95% chance to crit, then you could have just said that you raised your damage by the amount of multiplier one has.

My idea of crit that at lower chances, lets say base - 20 or 25% chance you get a 200? (or higher) crit multiplier.

As crit chance is stacked, the lesser the multiplier gives, ( at 95% chance it could return to base 150% or 140%? i have no idea ont he balance in this game)

with this, you could feel a "true" critical damage dealt.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Would probably destroy every cast on crit char ever if you lower the chance.

I don't think it's a problem, since you can make "true" criticals, by using a cast on crit.
I have no idea how to breathe.
There's no lowering down of % to +crit, just diminishing returns from stacking crit.

It's one's choice to gain chance but lose crit multiplier ( damage dealt by critical strikes, not % to crit).

just thought of this seeing how powerful stacking crit in this game.
Even though stacking crit is powerful, it always means that you lose points in other things like health, armor, evasion, energy shield...

I don't think it needs a nerf or anything.

EDIT: it also makes you extremely vulnerable to reflect.
Last edited by W4rpCore on Aug 20, 2014, 4:53:30 AM
Who said about nerf? My suggestion doesnt even affect crit users. It even buffs it if you understand it correctly
"
W4rpCore wrote:
Would probably destroy every cast on crit char ever if you lower the chance.

I don't think it's a problem, since you can make "true" criticals, by using a cast on crit.

"
W4rpCore wrote:
Even though stacking crit is powerful, it always means that you lose points in other things like health, armor, evasion, energy shield...

I don't think it needs a nerf or anything.

EDIT: it also makes you extremely vulnerable to reflect.

This
"
awetZ020 wrote:
I dont know if this has been suggested already but maybe it is possible we get TRUE critical strikes? In old games, crit comes once in a while, but when youre having a close to or a 95% chance to crit, then you could have just said that you raised your damage by the amount of multiplier one has.

My idea of crit that at lower chances, lets say base - 20 or 25% chance you get a 200? (or higher) crit multiplier.

As crit chance is stacked, the lesser the multiplier gives, ( at 95% chance it could return to base 150% or 140%? i have no idea ont he balance in this game)

with this, you could feel a "true" critical damage dealt.

It WILL nerf crit users, if higher crit chance will reduce multiplier. At the moment, when you decide to go for very high crit, you end up with lots of damage, but as stated by W4rpCore, it has it's downsides, you can oneshot yourself with reflect, you sacrifice pretty much each and every other stat to achieve that much (80-100% crit chance with harbringer or windripper or any other high crit weapon requires a LOT of sacrifices in terms of passives spent).
Fully disagreed.
Last edited by EdvinPL on Aug 20, 2014, 7:15:40 AM
I was suggesting at max crit chance you get back to 150%ish multiplier then you stack the others from gear passives etc. which is the default. So no, nothing got nerfed. Anyway yea this wont fly.
The question is, why change what works?
Yup. This is not needed since the current crit mechanics work and in my opinion are even fairly balanced.
If you're afraid of critting too often, then you have a limited array of options. You could do a system of diminishing returns, have a hard cap, or just lower increased mods and base values.

(Say above 15%, more crit chance could be only applied at 75% effectiveness; above 30%, more crit chance could be only 50% effective...)

But I'm not sure I entirely agree. Just stacking crit chance alone may not be efficient, anyway, without also having multiplier and having a good base to be multiplying in the first place - for most builds.

Further, a crit should be seen as utilizing skill. Landing a blow on a critical artery or etc. A specialized fighter may indeed be capable of doing just this, even on a consistent basis. So, then there is a choice, between more increased damage in general, attack/cast speed, crit chance, and crit multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info