Nature's Grace Keystone

Location: right off of the dexterity node between Herbalism and Lethality in the ranger tree.

Properties:
Evasion rating applies to spells while using a bow.

The idea: currently, evasion is a very maligned form of defense--namely because it does next to nothing against spells, meaning your only defense against elemental spells are your resistances (which you'd be hard pressed to find +max resist gear for if you're a bow build), and you essentially take *any* physical spell on the chin, with maybe a Cwdt + immortal call setup to try and save you.

This would essentially close that gap, and make evasion a more complete form of defense.

Thoughts?
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Aug 20, 2014, 9:40:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
We already have the 30% spell dodge node.

Otherwise it's just going to become "max block + max spell block + max evasion + max spell evasion + 40% dodge + 30% spell dodge" and nobody wants that since block is completely broken already.

And that damage reduction should apply to all damage or else it's just going spells, bows or wands.

No.
I have no idea how to breathe.
Point made.

Alright, changed the con. Instead of melee damage reduced by 50%, changed it instead to "cannot use shields".

Now it should serve what its one purpose, which is to make bow builds more resilient against spells.

Edit: you saying "we already have a 30% spell dodge node" is the same thing as saying "evasion shouldn't exist because you can get 40% dodge from the tree". It sounds every bit as silly.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Aug 19, 2014, 7:46:29 PM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Point made.

Alright, changed the con. Instead of melee damage reduced by 50%, changed it instead to "cannot use shields".

Now it should serve what its one purpose, which is to make bow builds more resilient against spells.

Edit: you saying "we already have a 30% spell dodge node" is the same thing as saying "evasion shouldn't exist because you can get 40% dodge from the tree". It sounds every bit as silly.

Cannot use shields? Just go dual wield. It would need "Only applies while using bows".

And also, it's not silly. While they might be silly taken separately, but imagine when you can stack all of those mechanics. Spell evasion + spell dodge + spell block would be ridiculous, since just spell dodge + spell block is really powerful already.

I don't think we need any spell evasion, and in the new patch bows are getting a huge buff anyways and much more skills to use.

Personally I don't think bow builds need more defenses, since the fast attack speed of bows allows good leech and you could have Mind over Matter + EB + AA in a bow build. I've got a few passive trees planned out with that combo, and it makes you VERY tanky even with 2.3k life or something.
EDIT: It also makes you completely immune to some of the most dangerous mobs in the game like void bearers and tentacle miscreations.

Also, bow builds have something spellcasters don't have: life gain on hit. It allows instant life gain with fast attack speed AoE spells, and if you have resistance flasks, elemental damage is not a problem.

Btw, "cannot use shields" is barely a bad thing, since very few ranged builds require a shield, and most could just get huge defensive bonuses with it and have dual wield.
Last edited by W4rpCore on Aug 20, 2014, 4:24:23 AM
With Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics there is no point for this.
"
W4rpCore wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Point made.

Cannot use shields? Just go dual wield. It would need "Only applies while using bows".

And also, it's not silly. While they might be silly taken separately, but imagine when you can stack all of those mechanics. Spell evasion + spell dodge + spell block would be ridiculous, since just spell dodge + spell block is really powerful already.

I don't think we need any spell evasion, and in the new patch bows are getting a huge buff anyways and much more skills to use.

Personally I don't think bow builds need more defenses, since the fast attack speed of bows allows good leech and you could have Mind over Matter + EB + AA in a bow build. I've got a few passive trees planned out with that combo, and it makes you VERY tanky even with 2.3k life or something.
EDIT: It also makes you completely immune to some of the most dangerous mobs in the game like void bearers and tentacle miscreations.

Also, bow builds have something spellcasters don't have: life gain on hit. It allows instant life gain with fast attack speed AoE spells, and if you have resistance flasks, elemental damage is not a problem.

Btw, "cannot use shields" is barely a bad thing, since very few ranged builds require a shield, and most could just get huge defensive bonuses with it and have dual wield.

Okay, changed it to "evasion applies to spells while using a bow". It's supposed to be a mechanic for those who don't have access to a spell block mechanism.
I still don't think it's necessary...
There are plenty of defensive mechanics in the game already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info