Righteous Fire Gem Small Changes

Can it be possible to make Righteous Fire still be casted while having 1 hp when we take Chaos Inoculation, because life based Righteous Fire is essentially dead because of the max fire resist nerfs on the tree. So the only way to even do righteous fire as the main damage source is to play it on low life.
I like Apples!!!

★ Master Crafting Service ★ Level 8 Elreon, Tora, Vagan, Cata, Haku, Vorici ★ Level 5 Leo ★ Level 8 craft - 10c ★ Multiple level 8 Crafts - 20c ★ Rest are free, donate if you wish to donate it helps me out ★ Thread: 1519129 ★ Vouches Appreciated ★
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While it's possible to make Righteous Fire work ES based with Zealot's Oath (and some way of dealing with chaos damage) and life based RF is probably still valid, I do agree that it should work with CI.
I don't see the problem with only letting RF stop once your health total (ES and Life) reaches 1.
Life based RF isn't dead, because there is almost triple the life regen in the tree, added to life nodes.

The max resist nerf didn't ruin life based rf, and CI would be completely broken because you could get 20k ES with it and make it wreck everything in a single instant + make you extremely tanky in the process.

Just no. No.

RF is already very strong, and I don't think it requires buffs or anything.
I have no idea how to breathe.
RF could use a rework but i would aim to something along this lines:

lv1:
Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 30% +4% per lv of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 10% +4% per lv of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
20% +2% more Spell Damage

reason behind this is that RF has a very weird scaling, until one can use rise of the phoenix and a high lv purity of fire this skill is a suicide, once you get those it becomes a big buff with little drawback, a better scaling in the penalty will make it more viable for early levels aswell make the end vertion harder to sustain.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Aug 20, 2014, 10:10:05 AM
If they let it apply you'd deal almost no damage since damage is based on your total life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info