The better CoC Nerf

While getting enough chance to hit (accuracy + crit chance + CoC chance) to kill unique or rare monsters isnt easy yet, why reduce it further?

I get why it needs to be nerfed, but the spawn chance itself? I think i could live better with an damage effectiveness modifier. Maybe of 50%!

This would be a greater nerf for the overall DPS.
But i fear its just annoying to "miss" with the new CoC gem.

Opinions?
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
Last edited by keeper190786 on Aug 19, 2014, 2:50:38 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't know, spam enough stuff and it's going to be an issue even if it's not dealing much damage.

Though I'd really like to see some different iteration on how CoC works. Like instead of trying to get it to spam by getting crits all the time I'd like to see it only cast once or twice every now and then. Pretty much how it works if you have a somewhat low crit chance.
Then again it probably isn't worth using then.
50% less damage is 50% less overall. But assuming a well-geared CoC-Char having 89% chance to hit, like 60% crit chance (means 30% versus rares and unique monsters) + 88% chance to cast on crit means u "hit" crit reduced mobs only in fourth of ur attacks. With the new changes u will cast only in one of six times.

Missing is just annoying, so damage reduction seems to be favourable to me. Perhaps it isnt possible due to technical limitations. But spell echo dont work with CoC, so some sort of special infrastructure for CoC seems to be apparent.
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
Let's say we give it a 50% damage reduction.
If we spam some skill that's doing 1-10 damage through CoC it's not really going to lose 50% damage, it will end up 1-5 damage.

Now that's probably not the reason for the kind of nerf they did.
But I'm sure the nerf is related to them thinking the quantity of casts being to high. Be it from a lagging-other-players perspective or whatever.

I think they've nerfed it to deal with what they think the problem with it is. If the damage was simply to high I think your solution would have been the case.

I'm just guessing though, I do not know for certain what they're motives were.
Last edited by OatmealOgre on Aug 19, 2014, 3:32:05 PM
Besides round-effects the damage is halfed ;)

The raw amount of casts is indeed a problem for older PC's. But there are "better" (like ice spear) and worse spells (like arctic breath) for the the performance.

I bet(!), it's a way to decrease the damage of CoC-Builds.
While reading in another CoC nerf thread ;) there is another complication i have not thought about.

The Flasks.

Indeed, its a huge advantage of Crit-Builds to have unlimited flask charges. So i adjust my first suggetion:

50% less spell damage on CoC-Gem + make "Surgeon's" only refill in 33% of crits or something like that. Its ridiculous that the max-res-nodes vanished from tree, but crit-users (im the devils advocate here) have 10% max res per flasks all the time (if needed)

P.S: im using a CoC-ST build atm, so i know what im talking about ;)
There you go, that's another really good reason for them to nerf it like they did. Also seems a bit out of the way to specify in CoC that it reduces Surgeon's Flask charge gain. I have not seen any similar thing on any other gem and it's unlikely that we ever will.

I think you should just get over the CoC nerf for the moment, I'm certain it's going to be nerfed or at the very least changed again in time.
Oh, u misunderstood me...

I want to "nerf" surgeon for all crits
The "spawn" nerf is better

Because graphics
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
U will get in trouble with the new cast on crit too... the problem is the spikes of cast and arctic breath. And i dont think thats a good point for this type of nerf...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info