new skill idea: Tribute

Tribute

Buff,duration

Consume the selected charges in order to gain a buff.

Endurance charge = 2secX#charges of Proximity shield

Frenzy charge = 2secX#charges of Berserker

Power charge= 2secX#charges of global reflect

Mechanic: the way to select charges is to cast the spell and then target the icon of the type of charge you want to use. Only one type can give a buff at a time
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The main problem I see with this is that it would be VERY difficult to click on the little charge icons in the middle of combat. Could it use a key binding instead?
Depends on GGG

All I want is that it's not a crappy "use all charge" like discharge
It destroys a lot of diversity
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Great idea! However I don't see any other way it would function than eating all your charges at once. Perhaps if it for example only took away all your Power Charges or even a single one.

Not sure about the exact outcome of using up a certain charge though. Maybe for example something more along the lines of Power Charge granting crit multiplier.

Then again we already have an ability like that only removing one sort of charges to gain a buff. For Endurance Charges at least (Immortal call).
Last edited by OatmealOgre on Aug 19, 2014, 2:53:29 PM
Just make three types of gems for each type of charge one :)
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
Proximity shield? Too strong for players imo.
Berserker? Too strong.
Global reflect? Too strong.

Someone would just make a build that generates tons of charges, gets all these effects and outdamages every build while being immune to ranged attacks and reflecting melee damage.

Cool idea, but the effects should be just empowered effects of the charges themselves like

power charge = even more crit
Endurance charge = more short duration defense (possibly max resists too because they were removed?)
frenzy charge = short duration boost to attack speed and maybe movement speed.

These should be very significant boosts. Something around double the effect of the consumed charges for 0.5 seconds per charge.

Also, there should be "cannot gain charges during skill effect" or something to balance this a little bit and make it either situational dps boost or emergency defense boost.

Cool idea.

-1 if not changed

+1 if changed.
I have no idea how to breathe.
Last edited by W4rpCore on Aug 20, 2014, 6:28:26 AM
"
W4rpCore wrote:
Proximity shield? Too strong for players imo.
Berserker? Too strong.
Global reflect? Too strong.

Someone would just make a build that generates tons of charges, gets all these effects and outdamages every build while being immune to ranged attacks and reflecting melee damage.

Cool idea, but the effects should be just empowered effects of the charges themselves like

power charge = even more crit
Endurance charge = more short duration defense (possibly max resists too because they were removed?)
frenzy charge = short duration boost to attack speed and maybe movement speed.

These should be very significant boosts. Something around double the effect of the consumed charges for 0.5 seconds per charge.

Also, there should be "cannot gain charges during skill effect" or something to balance this a little bit and make it either situational dps boost or emergency defense boost.

Cool idea.

-1 if not changed

+1 if changed.

youve done exactly what i didnt wanted to do

making the charge into mega charges... i wanted them to give something new something different
I am liking the concept of having one consume ability that grants a self buff for each type of charge. We should probably count Immortal Call towards this though.

I was thinking of having them just boost the actual effect of the charges for a short duration, but that would just be boring, it would lead to people using it as the duration runs out and then in the power charge case, if consuming gives twice the effect of normal power charge it would just make getting new charges easier so you could keep them up all the time by using the buff before charges expires.

It would however be interest to see some alternate effects, for example Power Charge granting crit multiplier (as mentioned earlier), Frenzy Charges granting movement speed (would make an interesting combo with blood rage), Endurance Charges removing all debuffs with a remaining duration lower than x * n where n is the number of charges.

These are just examples. If we want them in the game someone has to make valid suggestions with what the buffs would do. Alternatively just letting GGG know that we want those kind of buffs but let them decide what each would do.
Last edited by OatmealOgre on Aug 20, 2014, 8:24:45 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

youve done exactly what i didnt wanted to do

making the charge into mega charges... i wanted them to give something new something different

Well yeah, but I just wanted point out that the ones you said are broken and will not be implemented.

I had no better ideas, so I just went with the "mega charges" idea... Of course if you have a better idea, go ahead and tell us. I'm interested in the idea, but not as it is.
I have no idea how to breathe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info