[1.2] You have 25 chaos? Solo Cheap Claw Flicker w/videos 32k~76k dps

---------------------------------------------------------------
2014 / 9 / 6 : Passive tree updated, rip poebuilder gearing section.
Still using poe builder because I just love that full-zoom in/out feature.

9/7 : Commentary updated in the video section. English pretty bad + have a cold :(

9/23 : Aura swithcing, Vaal Skellis, and using Doedre's Elixir updated in Play style
---------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice + feedback + help is always welcome.

Build Explanation
Well suited for fresh leagues. Currently playing in Rampage league.
If you have more than 50 exalt / playing in standard / hardcore gamer who plays more than 5~6 hours a day for everyday, you shouldn't look at this build. There are far more expensive and better builds out there.

Dual wield 20~22% life leech life based crit claw. Lightning coil and abyssus. 31~42% dual wield block.
IR, Grace + Hatred + Herald of Ash, 164% HP. 8k armour (43% reduction)
25 chaos : 32k dps
~40 exalt : 76k dps

Before we start. Take a look at here first.
Spoiler
Tired of GGG's build of the week which needs 2 void batteries, 6 Link shav?
Tired of builds that need GG rare items?
Tired of builds that NEED 6 link? When the maximum currency you've made in game was like freaking 3 exalt?
Are you a casual player?

Here is a build for you!

25 chaos worth gear + level 75 can give you...

32k dps, 5.7k per flicker

Claw 5c
rings 2c + 1 alc
amulet 2c
belt 2c
abyssus 7c
5link 5c
gloves - self found 2c
boots - 1c

It's sketchy without 5 link lightning coil. I do have the currency to buy a 5Link. But to be honest, before time you earn 2~3 exalt (fresh league 5L lightning coil price : Based on Rampage / Beyond), that would be < level 80. And doing 66~70 maps w/o lightning coil is not scary. The scary part comes in when you reach that 74+ maps.

With lightning coil, the build would be tanky enough. As abyssus and lightning coil kind of cancels each other out.

Lvl 83 atm, 5L lightning coil but every other gear is same. (25 chaos gear version)

7k per flicker * 5.6 = 39k dps.

Now, if only I can get some better claws, more than 2 chaos worth... lol

Final build and the Budget 25 chaos flicker
Spoiler
Cheap Life based Crit Claw Flicker

The potential... Final Build - Still cheap & effective relatively
Spoiler

182% HP, Lightning coil, IR+Grace, 31% dual wield block, 76k DPS, 12000k per flicker
Total : ~40 exalt

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAaoz1b8gUotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLjDamf-1BsbO1SHBSKgvz6l3ycNWJ0w5I3Ui42QEJEZZJUfDVlS4HHmNDbIydqjY9bWxvV0X0ZK-KOBX9tMVirPsJGYqbtVM1D6saj_bafVusR1FMykrDOqQ50IFH4iLiFSAqTUp9h3ZnoPzF3Q0s6SmlTipbr8wGcsOrC9i9NZK18m6qSsg_JzGepldN4_6POuHyRf4KwONLV_Gzb553B4cTnKSlywAGYnkV9loatkFNkiP2o4ruDlb6jX1jcDSTHcoo29_v

Either Herbalism, or get Blade Barrier node for 42% dual wield block. By this time, I think you will have more understanding of the build than me. I'll leave the choice up to you.

Ranger Version, less dps, more defensive with block
Spoiler

Keep in mind when you hit reduced mana lvl 20, you will drop Herald of Ash and pick of Purity of element.
This will allow you to drop +all res + accruacy node (3points) and use that 3 points on anywhere you like.
More over, this will give us the opportunity to find better life + accruacy rings.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4Zju2DCC6bjf66fXXTfkp9h3ZnoPzFVvruDu96AAZieRX2Tipbr90NWhq2QWNwNJPv49P8XLAJWNunwYsY26Q50IFH4iLiFSAs6bXybqpKyD8nKk0xnqZXTeP-jzWS2L3KSlFMrEd9W_Gzb57A40tXGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6tUhtbA-rUzVwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSFBCoi6MNmHiVUsRlgceSVHw1ZUuY0OdqjY9b1dF9GSvijgV_bTFYqxsjLl8jAvssKXLKaUdyijb3-93B4cTnKQ=

My 23 chaos 1 alc build ATM (outdated, lvl 84 now
Spoiler

The tree has 23 points left, use the left over points to get..
1) Dual wield block nodes (Bravado, Dervish) - Suggested
2) More life
3) More damage (Deadly Dillante, one hand melee weapon dmg, etc etc)

With 25 chaos gear...

5.7k per flicker * 5.7 times attack per second = 32k damage per second
162% health, 22% life leech.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAaoz1b8gUotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLjDamf-1BsbO1SHBSKgvz6l3ycNWJ0w5I3Ui42QEJEZZJUfDVlS4HHmNDbIydqjY9bWxvV0X0ZK-KOBX9tMVirPsJGYqbtVM1D6saj_bafVusR1FMykrDOqQ50IFH4iLiFSAqTUp9h3ZnoPzF3Q0s6SmlTipbr8wGcsOrC9i9NZK18m6qSsg_JzGepldN4_6POuHyRf4KwONLV_Gzb553B4cTnKSlywAGYnkV9loatkE=

Claws - 3c + 1c
rings - 2c + 1alc
amulet - 2c
belt - 2c
Abyssus - 7c
5Link white chest - 5c
gloves - self found - Worth around 2~3c.
boots - blood dance - 1c

My Gear, 25 chaos + 5L lightning coil
Spoiler

3.8k life, 7k per flicker w/power charge, 39k dps, all res capped.

to do : get quality assassin's mark, get a better accruacy roll ring, get curse remove flask, get 6 link lightning coil,

Why Dual wield? You fcking noob?!??!?
Spoiler

" Dual wield doesn't do anything because you alternately hit mobs with your claws. "
" Dual wield's 20% increased physical damage is not worth it. Compared to that block chance of shield. "
" Flicker lacks defense. Please use a shield. "

Yes I do know. And frankly speaking, if I have that GG 30 exalt claw/dagger(or binos), 6link 30 ex worth lightning coil, GG 20 exalt worth rings and amulets, Oh yeah I'm going 1 dagger 1 shield flicker like anyother people. Hell, I might go for that ES flicker with crazy 200k dps or something if only I had the currency.

If only I had the freaking currency.
IF ONLY I HAD 500 EXALTS + 6LINK SHAVS + CROWN OF EYES LIKE "THOSE GUYS" (" oh, I just had a lucky 10 Koams drop and 1 fuse 6 link shavs. But I'm a casual player ;) " ), IN THE FIRST 3 DAYS OF THE FRESH FCKING LEAGUE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, to be fair...

1. Dual wield increases both main hand and off-hand crit chance.
For example for my flicker dude (the 23chaos one) , 33.1% crit chance with 1 hand, 43.8% with dual wield. Mostly due to passive skill tree nodes. Higher crit chance, higher crit... and we are "crit flicker build". See the relationship? Ofcourse my build is around dual wielding so this happens. But then again, there aren't that many crit nodes in the skill tree left anyways, so one hand build will have low crit chance anyways.

2. Dual wield increases 20% physical dmg.
My flicker dude has 4000 per flicker with one hand, without powercharge.
My flicker dude has 5600 per flicker with dual wield, without powercharge.

3. I'm sorry but I don't have 500ex+ to use for one character.
I'm sure more than 90% of the POE population doesn't have 500exalt to build CI crit flicker with 200k dps.
Again, if you have more than 50~100 exalt net worth, you are looking at the wrong build.

(4. I'm a casual who plays in softcore, so dieing once in a while is fine. I mean most of my characters have around 7~8 deaths until they reach 85. I used to have three 85+ characters, and they all had 5~10 deaths. I mean I don't die like 200 times, but I do die, very occasionally. - Mostly due to I do -max, lmp, gmp, double extra dmg / reflect kinds of rare 74+ maps. I just love playing rare maps, I can't help it. )

Gems and Links
Spoiler

Chest : Flicker Strike (q20) - Melee Splash - Melee physical damage - Multistrike - Blood Magic
- (6th link : Increased Critical strike)

Gloves : Reduced mana - Hatred - Herald of Ash - Grace // RRGG

Claw 1 : Whirling blade - Blood rage - Blood Magic

Claw 2 : Assassin's Mark - Poacher's Mark - Blood Magic

Boots : Dual strike/Frenzy - Melee splash - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic // RRGG

Helmet : CWDT - Enduring cry - Immortal call (aim for quality > 10) - Increased duration

Play Style and some tips
Spoiler

Read Bold Only if too much text.

Yes, I know that you just want to click on that right click mouse button for 1 minute, as your flicker strike continuously goes and while you drink water / smoke / check your i-phone with another hand.

But, NO. that's not how you play.

1) GET THAT /oos macro.

2) Do not flicker more than 5 seconds a time. After clearing one pack of mobs and your flicker strike un-intentionally move you to the next pack, whirling blade away, hit macro, and then flicker again. You can curse between.

If you have better internet than me (college dorm internet FML), you can probably flicker away more longer. However, don't forget to refresh that Assassin's mark.

3) Use the damn Warding Flasks and Play smart.
If you see big hitting monsters (big skellis, big bears, those "magic" vaal two-hand sword soliders...), pop that surgeon's granite of iron skin and then flicker away.

4) The first frenzy charge
Either dual strike mobs, gain frenzy charge through blood dance (20~30% to gain frenzy charge upon killing monsters) and then start blood rage and start flickering.

If you are lazy, just turn on blood rage and hope that the first flicker will kill something, then you will gain those frenzy charges.

Or just use frenzy like me.

5) Un-Equipping Abyssus
You are safe with reflect with Abyssus. However, if you are damn scared, just simply open your inventory, un-equip Abyssus, and kill the reflect. Seriously, all you need to do is pressing i, drag and drop Abyssus. Bam. Done.

6) Using Doedre's Elixir for Quality of Life
As a Blood Dance flicker player, we tend to face some sketchy moments when our frenzy charges are down.
Getting that initial frenzy charge might be sketchy or just frustrating. If you find this, use a Doedre's Elixir.
Just before that frenzy charge duration goes to 0, use any skill and pop Doedre's Elixir; it will give you
10 more seconds, which is mostly enough to find a mob pack and to kill them.

7) Vaal Skellis
Vaal Skellitons is a great way to spread the aggro from the mob packs. It only takes 1 blue socket as well.
Just before every boss fight, pop it and go ham on the boss. It never hurts.

8) Aura switching
With Level 20 Reduced Mana..
Drop Herald of Ash, and have a 2 green 1 Red 1 Blue 4 link on either gloves/boots for auras.
Use Hatred + Grace + @.

A) Purity of Element : For ele weakness map
B) Purity of Fire : For strong fire bosses, for example, Necropolis map boss. For extra dmg as fire map.
C) Purity of Cold : For Graveyard Merveil, for any Merveil fight really. lol
D) Purity of Lightning : For temple/Shrine Piety, Residence/Palace Dominus.

Mostly you can just use Purity of Element if you are just lazy, but If you want to try that
extra dmg Necropolis, you'd better have that Purity of Fire.

Again, play smart. Know the map boss, prepare for it. If you are fine with dieing, just use Purity of element.
Drop some resist from the rings, have high-accuracy rolls on them. +250~300 would be great dps increase, as accuracy is really important for crit build.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pro

1. Freaking Cheap
2. Decent dps; 32k ~ 76k
3. Pretty safe, 20%~22% life leech depending on blood rage level and quality.
4. Map mods.
Can do half regen / no regen
Can do Temp chain, with a reasonable speed. Doesn't reduce dps / perflicker dmg / attack per second. Same dps in temp chain. np .

- todo: need to test 75+ rare maps with dangerous lmp,-max, extra dmg mods

Cons

1. FLICKER STRIKE. The skill itself desyncs too much. Yes there are ways to avoid desync,
you can use /oos macro, you can do everysingle thing you can. HOWEVER you will die.
It's just the game (desync) and it's just the skill. Nothing you can do until GGG fixes desync.
But honestly; desync was there since closed beta. GGG is not fixing it.

2. Party play is sketchy. But to be honest, all flicker builds are not party friendly,
unless you are the famous "450 exalt Hegemony CI dagger flicker", which has 160k constant dps. (he is a monster)

3. Not hardcore viable. There's no way unless desync is gone from the server. As far as we have desync, can't hardcore.

Leveling
Spoiler
Make one shadow, take dual strike, log off / delete that char.
Start your main shadow, and take reave from hillock.

Tips

Spoiler
For leveling,

1. dual strike + melee splash is good enough. Dual wield claws. Life gain on hit
in the lower lvl claws is pretty op in the early game.

2. Ideal links would be dual strike + melee splash + added fire + melee physical dmg.

3. Use Whirling blade for maneuver.

4. Dual strike lvling is very different from ST leveling. Don't yolo.
Jumping into 10~15 ranged mobs will punish you. Use whirling blade, Use that maneuver,
play smart. Don't get surrounded.
Dual strike melee splash has bad aoe. Again, it will be different from ST leveling.
But alot faster. lol

5. Can use flicker during lvling, after getting blood dance. Around 50~60, depending on the
early lucks and currency drops.

For finding claws in poe.xyz, find for less aps, most pdps claw. (example : max aps : 1.1, min dps : 170, search for rare claws)
People tend to put less buyout on less aps claws. Aww yeah.
Since we don't go for crit flicker until lvl 75ish and until we have a 5link,
focus on pdps.

Try to find good claws with 170++ with under 5 chaos.
We don't have alot of currency as first character.

Get that cheap claw, and then master craft it. Becareful with the prefix and suffix of the item that you buy.

1) good IPD roll + good Flat roll -> Master craft crit for suffix.
2) good IPD roll + crit roll -> Master craft flat pdps for prefix.
and so on, and so on....

Craft it smart, and you can get some good gear really cheaply.

6. Use flicker until you have 20 chaos and abyssus. If you have abyssus, start using flicker strike.

Video, screen shots, and Mapping
Spoiler

Damn filming rendering and publishing with a 2 years old lap top is so hard..
Haven't died with the 25chaos gear for 12 hours of rare 68~73 maps. I do all map mods; Physical reflect, LMP, GMP, -max res, extra 30% dmg, extra ~ dmg as fire/cold/lightning, no regen, half regen, etc, etc. .

But then again, I've didn't do the real high end rare maps like shrine double Piety with -max. I don't have that map pool in Rampage yet. Probably gonna not to that lol

Currently playing in Rampage league.

Vid : Commentary + 73 Dry Peninsula : Enfeeble + LMP + Extra damage + Shocking Ground - damn sketchy map.
Probably won't try this kind of map again. LOL
English is pretty bad ; it's my second language that I've only spoke / used for 5 years now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_Ey98pEVA&list=UUBTgWOYeIHu_E0y03-kq1qA

Vid : 74 Rare Gorge map - Exile / Extra dmg / Same 25 chaos gear w/ lightning coil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImX9BZjR9nk&feature=youtu.be

Vid : 71 Rare Dry Woods map - 30% extra dmg / extra dmg as lightning / shocking ground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjTYn7KzQQA&feature=youtu.be

Vid : Phys Reflect + double reflect rare mob 69 map[/b] - 18% phys reflect + mob pack size (makes reflect more dangerous -> more mobs you hit wit melee splash, more reflect dmg you get... )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEjeY2CS_EI&feature=youtu.be
5 Link lightning coil. Level 79

Screenshot : 72 map) "easy" 118% IIQ rare Mine map / EE, Enfeeble, No regen, Elemental dmg reflect, etc etc. 8min full clear.
http://imgur.com/NHju75c

Vid : alcing 68 69 maps because I don't have map pool yet. Tabula setup
rare low level map
http://imgur.com/7onvJkp

Screenshot : double boss villa - lightning coil, 25 chaos setup
http://imgur.com/bKlj1S7

easy 68 map - 35% extra dmg, power charge / same 25c gear, 5link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjuu7ApRwSI&list=UUBTgWOYeIHu_E0y03-kq1qA

First rip (14 hours of mapping) - Dry Peninsula, Extra 30% dmg, extra damage as fire, -22% max resistance, monster turbo, pack size, IIQ ~120%.
Died to a freaking exploding box. It was 3am and i was really pushing it. Opened the box, whirling bladed away, cursed and then used flicker and then... Bam box exploded and I got one-shotted. I have no idea why I flickered to a exploding box when I had -22% max res. So dumb... but also was so tired and sleepy.

Some random thoughts - don't need to read.
Spoiler

Blocking is op. Maybe giving up some dmg nodes for 42% block won't be that bad, even for a level 85 final build.

Tried Mark of the doubting knife 2 chaos dagger flicker, worked out pretty well. However I just feel like it lacks the defense due to high dmg -> high reflect and 10% life leech - compared to claw's 22% life leech. Made one char to 78, with a totally different 52% dual block dagger flicker -> didn't turn out really well. Damn there goes my 30 hours for nothing.

Back to 3 exalt, mostly because I bought 130-ish regrets for min maxing / changing the tree. fml.

Last edited by greensunggwa on Sep 22, 2014, 9:00:53 PM
bump
Love it. Gonna try. Tnx.
1st updated for 1.2

videos as well
Last edited by greensunggwa on Sep 1, 2014, 5:12:41 AM
Passive tree was dead. Can you fix it, thanks alot!
I will definetly try this guide! How does it hold up against merci piety and dominus ?
Dude I wanna try your build but links are broken :(
Passive tree fixed : sorry about that guys, forgot that poebuilder's gearing section just ripped - really loved that feature :( -

@eureka_ : One thing to say : I'm currently dual client MF farming dominus. I'm using the crit flicker as a main dominus killer. Which means not only the build can kill dominus with 1 player health ezpz, it can kill 2nd phase dominus with 2 player HP without a problem. Never died through 120 run MF dominus farming. Earned 7 exalts in 5 or 6 days, Yummy exalts. Although I wasted on buying 130 regrets for the build.
Last edited by greensunggwa on Sep 6, 2014, 3:49:41 PM
Thanks man!
If i make it without the lightning coil and just have the 25c~ build, what will I sacrifice, and will it still be a viable build? I'm really interested in it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info