Upcoming Buffs to Bows - Impact on PvP?

Here's the relevant portion of the Eternal and Diamond Supporter Newsletter #76:

"
We are looking at improving bow users in a few ways in 1.2.0. We're buffing skills, the bows themselves and passives.

The rest of the newsletter also mentions changes to Crown of Eyes, shock stacking, and melee skills. It can be found here.

Thoughts? I'm personally terrified :)
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 11, 2014, 12:17:55 AM
i've been looking at the new witch tree and its still fuzzy but it seems like arcer will be much harder to make and get some damage and survivability and mana. Will have to wait and see but im definitely worried now.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I dont know much about HLD so im not sure how big that'll affect them there.

But for LLD im not sure if the tree changes will affect it too much. Keep in mind that LLDers have a limited amount of points so some new juicy nodes may be unreachable.

With crafting benches I think all classes will have significantly better gear so it is hard to say who will come on top and dominate meta.
IGN: @GreenDude
im also a bit worried about this change, atm u can make a very effective puncture mine bow build for relatively cheap. If they buff bows like they did 2hers i think were gonna be seeing ALOT more bow builds in pvp than we do now.

inb4 bow builds new meta in pvp.

Edit: forgot to mention i was talking about HLD
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Aug 11, 2014, 8:58:56 PM
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
im also a bit worried about this change, atm u can make a very effective puncture mine bow build for relatively cheap. If they buff bows like they did 2hers i think were gonna be seeing ALOT more bow builds in pvp than we do now.

Then you can just play a melee with block and acrobatics and get free wins...
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
oowarpigoo wrote:

Then you can just play a melee with block and acrobatics and get free wins...

It's not that easy in hld to counter bow builds with only block and acro
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
Puncture in LLD is already incredibly too powerful. I hope it doesnt get stronger.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
bows are too weak atm!

buff!

:-D
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood
There are lots of things people think are OP so meh wait and see what happens.
Bows are already OP, they were okeish before they gave them 2h added phys mods, they are very good now, perhaps a bit too good. The problem with bows like with 2h, which GGG apparently does not acknowledge, is not the low dps, but the fact bow/2h chars have no shield.

I don't see any impact of bow buffs in HLD, mirrored harbinger crit already one shoots me, so do puncture trps.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info