Low DPS, please help!!

I have a lv 59 scion with 1-H sword and a shield. But in Act 3 of Merciless, I start to die a lot and do not have enough DPS for me to solo the map.

This is my current passive skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwDAAUtBqIG7hDwFz4X3BvIG_ohYCP2Jd8yCTQ1Nug4ljpxQKBDMUZpSn1KyE4qU99W-livWNtaSFuvXhNgS2MXZ6BsRm5pbqpybHTtdPF4DXrvfpqC5ITZhO-HdoqvkAqQEZdwm4OeuaQZqW6sr6-itfK2QbcXvoq-p768wA_BB9BH0k3UUtd-3Q3lxe4O7_D8xQ==

And this is my planned skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfKpbngN0TYXPmxGvopYr9BHCTNybAHcNugyCaQZr6IB5zpSG_oQ8CSbDjwl3xfcgIqfy4TZBqL3TW5pWNtlTTpxdiu-p1PfR35BdNJNm4Osr8EEwA-E718_dO18uPMG45_2SHrv8aygtCcvjM9gSyku-6rvDj38BS0aPuRRQKBUSeeuIWCeufIvkHR08cEHi08Y29RS135brwbuNDVOKt0Nl3AppfzFYxdW-megtxfuDod2OJYa26PnI_ZKfUxg18vL9e_wBLG30zGwWkiVZj3i5w9I7niuG63Tfg==

My gear is:
Spoiler

Please help me, thank you
i think even with your passives you lack some resistances
the skilltree is not so bad at all, i am not the 1h+shield melee expert though

you dont have a real concept for your char

double strike is a good skill, but at your level you should be able to obtain a 4 link and link it with faster attacks, increased physical melee damage and life leech for example
culling strike is crap (for at least), take it out
you dont have any leech at all except the lightning strike which you should take out as well
clarity with bloodmagic is not a good idea as well

look for some melee char guides here in the forum and take what you like from there
Thank you for your reply! I also realized I lack some resistance especially the chaos one. My chaos resistance now in merciless is -60%, what should I do? should I buy some chaos resistance rings/amulets or should I go for the resistance in the passive tree?

Also, what dps, armor and life should have attained for a level 59 character? my HP now is only 1756, with my double strike having a dps of 1812.6(before aura;2343.1 after aura). My armor is 4509 now ( estimated physical reduction: 55%)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info