[1.2] The Controlled Nuke | CI Crit Manual Discharge without Voll's | Gameplay Video Added!

1.2 changes
I updated the guide to 1.2 and I'm happy to say the build is still very viable!
We lost a bit of damage; went from 72k to 65k per 8 power charges and 4 frenzy charges. This is because our crit chance and crit multi is a bit lower.
We did however get a nice es boost. Went from 7.4k es to 8k es. If you want you can skip some of the es nodes and get the 16% spell damage at the witch start area for more damage instead.
Besides those changes nothing really changed. See below for updated skill tree and enjoy 1.2!

Video!
Decided to add a quick gameplay video of a lvl77 shipyard map with increased monster damage and monster turbo. There's also 2 reflect rares in there so you can see how well it handles those!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fV0jn5Sf7Y&feature=youtu.be

Introduction
Since a lot of people have been asking me what build I'm playing and I'm not following someone's build guide (romira's + incinerate has been done but I do some things a little different), I decided to write up a little build guide.
The build uses Discharge as a main damage source with 7 power charges (8 with Void Battery) and 4 frenzy charges.
We use incinerate with 3 purposes:
- Generate charges with Romira's Banquet
- Proc Elemental Equilibrium (my discharge does lightning and cold, incinerate does fire)
- Blind enemies, blind is really underrated for defences purposes imo, this works great.

Stats
- Damage: 65k per Discharge, this is tooltip, most mobs' resists will be <0, especially when you curse.
- Defense: For defense we use a combination of blind on incinerate with gmp, this will blind most monsters, reducing their chance to hit by 75%, on top of that we have 54% block and 43% spell block. Both of these will be capped when you pop your Rumi's Concoction.
- Hit points: 7481 es with my current gear, which still has a lot of room for improvement.
- Resists: 75/75/79 with purity of lightning on
- Mana: 1213, 122 regen/s

Pros
- High damage, currently at 54k damage for 7 power, 4 frenzy charges, still room for improvement.
- Can play all the end-game maps and map-bosses and Atziri.
- Very fun and refreshing to play!
- Not very expensive, can make it work for about 8-10 ex
- Can run all mods except for blood magic, 0 regen and I don't run elemental reflect, which is in theory possible, but a pain in the ass :)

Cons
- Reflect can be a pain, see below.
- Long chill and shock duration because CI
- Takes a while to become very strong

Current Gear
[/spoiler]

If you can't get a void battery get a Divinarius instead, excellent weapon with increased aoe and a little higher crit chance but overall a little less damage.

Gear improvements
If you get your hands on a 6L you can add empower, lightning penetration or increased critical strikes for even more damage, but this definitely isn't necessary.

Current Tree

Bandits: Kill all, Kill all, Power Charge (help Alira)

When I level up I will probably take the spell damage nodes at witch start area or some more block nodes.

Reflect
As you might expect with a Discharge build, reflect is a little bit of a problem.
This build makes the reflect pack every now and then quite manageable.
How? When you see a reflect pack, turn on purity of lightning for 81% res, pop a topaz flask, for 91% res and pop your Rumi's Concoction, for 75% spell block. This way, if you don't build up all 7 power charges you will be fine 99% of the time.

Feel free to ask me questions about the build and suggestions are always welcome!
Cheers
Last edited by Sandeerrr on Aug 26, 2014, 6:01:32 AM
Looks very interesting, how viable this would be to run on, lets say, upcoming hardcore league? Also a gameplay vid would be nice.
Just curious how you leveled? I'm thinking about trying it in the new 3-month.
Why not go Vaal pact? Not only do you handle reflect better that way, Leech will be more effective (if you hit 3+ targets of course) and its instant, meaning youll stay alive a lot easier.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
Trejos wrote:
Looks very interesting, how viable this would be to run on, lets say, upcoming hardcore league? Also a gameplay vid would be nice.

I don't play hardcore, so not sure if it's gonna be viable, you will probably wanna get Vaal Pact to make sure you don't get killed by reflect (doesn't happen often now, but the chance is there).
It might also be hard to get good CI gear on your first character in a new league, but I think it should be doable when taking it slowly.
"
leary93 wrote:
Why not go Vaal pact? Not only do you handle reflect better that way, Leech will be more effective (if you hit 3+ targets of course) and its instant, meaning youll stay alive a lot easier.

Yea I've been thinking about that, but the problem is that Vaal Pact is 10 passive points away from my current tree, which is a lot, and I can't really afford to lose those points somewhere else.
You only really need Vaal Pact for reflect and the build can deal with that pretty well now so I don't think it's necessary.
"
Just curious how you leveled? I'm thinking about trying it in the new 3-month.

I levelled as hybrid life/ es, all the life I picked up was the purity of flesh cluster, which I repsecced out of when I hit lvl 68 and went CI (at 68 you can get equip a Vaal Regalia and some other good base types.
For skills I used Arc and lightning trap.

Note that you do need a couple items that cost some exalts to get this thing started (romira's, dream fragments, chayula), so that might be a problem when running this as a first character in a new economy.
Might update with a gameplay vid later today, anyone know what's some good (free) software to record a quick vid?
Video added!
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

Yea I've been thinking about that, but the problem is that Vaal Pact is 10 passive points away from my current tree, which is a lot, and I can't really afford to lose those points somewhere else.
You only really need Vaal Pact for reflect and the build can deal with that pretty well now so I don't think it's necessary.

Wrong. I spent the 10 points on my CI storm call, and i dont have it because of reflect, but because i leech 10x more than without it. It basically allows me to tank whatever pack until without worrying as long as i dont die within a second so my storm call can actually hit. If it does im always up to full health. Thats why. Its just nice it works against reflect too (tho even with -max i cant one-shot myself this way, as long as I pop my topaz, which means without VP i could do fine against reflect. Its the extra lifegain it offers (not having to rely on regen/recovery is a big upside)

Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info