Skill Gems: Video Series For Newer Players

Hello, Namtro here
I have been making these youtube videos for newer players for a while to help the community with ideas and mechanics of the skill gems. Ill be posting each of the gem categories as they come out on my youtube. These videos are designed to give people ideas and offer opinions made by me.

Disclaimer: a lot of these videos were made before the addition of the support echo. Echo is a very strong spell that should be used with most self casting builds, in place of or in addition too faster casting. Gems might change as more patches come out.

These videos are designed to give new players ideas for builds, if some of the information is inaccurate, ill put a annotation inside of the video during that part of the explanation. Having little time to make these videos between work and streaming. Eventually ill try to remake the inaccurate videos.

I also added descriptions to the elements and spell categories for a bit of a additional description. The elemental descriptions fit most spells that fall in that category.

Skill tags are also a very good way of understanding builds.

Lighting Blue(Intelligent):

Lightning Skills have the unique property of being able to shock targets, this debuff stacks 3 times starting at 30% more damage for each stack; more multipliers are applied after most modifiers. these videos go over some basic ideas for some of the gems.

Cold Blue(Intelligent):

Cold Skills have the extra property of being able to freeze targets, making them unable to act or move, as well as chilling them, lowering their attack speed and move speed. Some of these videos are fairly helpful for making the abilities more effective.

Fire Blue(Intelligent):

Fire Skills have the special property of igniting the target applying a damage over time effect that lasts for four seconds do eighty percent of the damage over the duration. Fire skills are usually pretty potent with critical strikes.

Summoning Blue(Intelligent):

Summoning has a lot of bennifits, having extra bodies on the screen that make monsters target other targets other than yourself, as well as getting a army that damages and rips them apart.

Bow Green(Dex):

These gems are used on bows, doing a variety of different things depending on the skill and type. Most of them are very descriptive based off of the skill tags.

Totems:

going over different totems that have different jobs depending on the totem. Anything from damaging enemies with angry totems, or supporting yourself with temporary buffs provided by the totems.

Curses:

Curses have different uses for different situations. From lowering the monsters resists, lowering critical chance and damage or even lowering attack speed and movement speed; One thing is in common with all curses, they all put a debuff on the target that lasts for a duration.

More to come soon~!

Credits:
Namtro
Path Of Exile Wiki
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
Last edited by Paleshape on Aug 8, 2014, 4:16:55 PM
That's nice of you to do this. Free bump or whatever
Very helpful! Thanks for doing this!
Nevermind, it's there.
Current IGN: TornadoesPainIncarnate
Last edited by Sydaen on Aug 5, 2014, 12:19:29 AM
You look like Chris Wilson
Hi Namtro.

Good job but I have a suggestion.
Have disclaimer that the skills are subject to change with game updates.
Also put a wiki link on the video link and maybe next to the video links in this thread.

Also I watched the arc video and I noticed one mistake:
Arc has 10% chance to shock without quality so every 2 quality gives it 1% extra chance to shock.

Please check the stats before doing a video about it.

This is not bitching or anything just some suggestion how to improve your videos and not spreading mis- or old information
Updated the arc gem video with annotations, added skill totems and a place for curses. Updated disclaimer section with a little more information.
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

+1
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
Wow, the work that went into this... Amazing man.
I updated the list to include: Arctic breath, Flame Surge, Ice Shot, Explosive Arrow, Burning Arrow, Barrage, Lightning Arrow, Poison Arrow.

Check it out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info