Inappropriate mute

I got reported and muted for saying this exactly: "best fact ever '28% of Germany's prison population are foreigners, but this figure has decreased since 1940'"

I did not say anything else for 10 minutes before that and right afterwards someone named "ILOVEJESUSCHRIST" who is very clearly trolling me starts calling me an "anti semite" "racist" and "fascist nazi scum" and telling me he is going to report me. A minute later I have been muted for over an hour.

I guess what I said could be considered very slightly offensive to a German, but none the less all I did was make a factual statement with some dark humorous overtones which was certainly less offensive than most of the off topic conversation that goes on in chat.

I've heard a lot about people getting muted for benign comments and think something should be done about GMs who don't take the time to figure out whether a rule has been broken before punishing someone.
Last edited by willisverynice on Feb 3, 2013, 5:35:54 PM
If i get kicked for using inappropriate username, why don't i get a message for WHY DID I GET KICKED?
Now I'm muted for a day and I get constantly kicked.

Dear TARD GM, can't you just tell me that WHY I GET KICKED?
I may delete the character and create another with some random username?
BUT BETTER DON'T TELLING ME SHIT, JUST KICKING ME AND MUTING!
GREAT JOB IDIOT
I hope you lose your position soon.

Also, if i get kicked for something, shouldn't the game tell me why instead of giving me the unknown connection lost message?
I had no idea of why do i get constantly kicked

If it's inappropriate, then WHY DO YOU LET ME USE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?? wtf

Explain please.
I'm really butthurt rigth now.

answer to both: contact support and when you get the chance read:

http://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy

you may find something in there helpful to ensure it doesn't happen again.

good luck
Unlike most people, I actually do skim the agreements I sign online.

I am in no way claiming that GGG does not have the right to mute me, I just think it would be beneficial to their continued support from the community if they didn't mute people because a troll claimed to be offended by something which is not offensive. The GMs should be actually reading the claims and the evidence to develop at least a small semblance of what is going on before hitting someone with a punishment.

In fact, the guy who reported me was the only one breaking a rule. The first rule listed in the posting rules of the agreement, "You must genuinely believe the opinions that you post," which is the most hilarious rule ever, there is no way he could have genuinely been offended by what I said, and i'll bet his screenname, "ILOVEJESUS" is also not an opinion he genuinely holds.
Germany
Prisoners being of other races

you can see the obvious and easily made connection to prisoners of war?...no?

It looks like(since there is no context) that it was an attempt to troll on your part and you got punished...to bad for you
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info