[1.2] Serleth's Pledge of Hands Incinerator

I'm sure this has already been explored but I haven't seen anything posted on it so I thought I'd share it.

Basic abuse of a 5L Pledge for the free 6L spell echo with Incinerate for the 18 casts per second (with faster casting), 14.7 with added chaos. See stats for more.

Pros:
- Takes on most content
- Fun
- Survivable (can stand in the pocket and tank virtually all small-arms fire)
- Decent clear speed (averages 5-6 mins per 76/77 map)
- Shotgun damage is amazing
- Blue flame MTX option =D

Cons
- Won't speed-run Gorge anytime soon :P
- Susceptible to large physical or burst physical damage (re: Courtyard slammer boss 2-shot)
- Note to the above, that's currently without a good ar/es chestpiece
- Untested vs Apex

1.15 Video - basic 76 Precinct clear
6min clear using faster casting to show 18 casts per second. Cuz yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f9P7Q8W2B0&

Stats 1.15

Note: INCINERATE LEVEL 19; not all gems are finished levelling so offense isn't final. Added chaos is 19, faster casting is 16/20, and incincerate itself is 19/16%.

Offense with faster casting:

Offense with added chaos:

Defense:

Current passive tree level 91
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcHHgj0DH0NfA-rEFgQfxZvFr8W8xcvGYoabBqPHNwdqh8CJKoksCY8JpUo-iqNLJwtHy9vL50yNDbYNuk6WDrhQYdGcUkbSVFJsUyzUzVVS1XGVdZXK1fJYeJk52pDaxdtGW-ecLt_xoCkga-CHoLHgwmD24bRh2WMNo_6kyeVIJUum7WdrqKjpwismK-3sQW0DLc-uJO40LzqvYLAVMHFwfPDOsaeykrXz9i92RPaOtsL34rhiONq6QLquuvu7BjsVe-I8NXxbPJF9tr5N_no-tL7Cf4K_rM=

Levelling
Your choice of spell but it's pretty easy: pick up life nodes early, head to spell damage and up out of the tree to shadow area life, pick up EB when comfortable, add more life and auras as you can. I levelled with EK personally.

Bandits
Oak (normal), Alira (cruel), kill all (merciless).

Gear
I have carcass because I was having fun testing out Pledge with Firestorm. But that will eventually be swapped for a good ar/es chest, same for the helmet, to help out a bit with higher/burst phys damage.

Gem Links
Incinerate + Pledge (echo) + Fire Penetration + Life leech (4L)

Your choice of faster casting or added chaos for the 5L

CWDT - Enduring Cry - Enfeeble - Increased Duration

Lit warp - reduced duration - faster casting

Reduced mana - clarity - haste - discipline - vitality

Artic armour
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 22, 2014, 4:17:51 AM
What a crap build. You should try Shockwave totem. way better
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Not really a fan of Incinerate but I enjoyed watching the video, really fast ramp up on the Incinerate stages, seems pretty tanky and clears things quickly as long as they're in range (Y).

Maybe you should use Faster Projectiles for 6L? Range seems to be your main problem.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Aug 4, 2014, 11:00:17 AM
"
Kenzorz wrote:
Not really a fan of Incinerate but I enjoyed watching the video, really fast ramp up on the Incinerate stages, seems pretty tanky and clears things quickly as long as they're in range (Y).

Maybe you should use Faster Projectiles for 6L? Range seems to be your main problem.

Finalizing my incinerate to 20% really helped with that but yeah, either a couple more levels for Ballistic Mastery (or swapping some stuff to get it), or FP for the 6L. And then once I do get Ballistic Mastery, FP gets replaced with Empower 3.
Updated for 1.2. Respecced this character into EK with the patch due to a lucky 21/20 EK corrupt, so stats are out of date, but tree isn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info