Maps and Town Portal effects

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to ever say this. But will GGG ever implement the portal effects for maps? Or have GGG ever said anything about patching it into the game?

I'd really hate to think i payed $900 to look at the same old boring blue portal when I map. Which is basically all this game is after you reach 75 - and on. I think it'd be sweet to see a bunch of conqueor maps swirling around the eternal laboratory. Or at the very least, when I port out, have my portal effect displayed that I paid for.

...confused
Not this again. They have already commented on it.
I agree, it would be very nice, especially if they continue to make effects like Black Portal. I think the reason it hasn't been implemented was something along the lines of maps officially being created by the device instead of the player, or something along those lines.

That would be amazing if it was added to the game with FM. I like when making new characters I get to use portal effects again after spending so much time mapping.
"

Well ? what did they say ?
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"

By far the most useless piece of text of the day!

Link please? You seem to know the answer
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Earthslug wrote:
"

Another useless piece of text by far!

Yes, this was answered A LOT of times: you don't create portal in a map; it was created by Map Device and you're just "moving an existing one closer to you"

You could find this by using search.
And if you want an official answer - here you go http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/659492
hope you'll find necessary lines in that thread without any help.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I probably wouldn't use mine in maps though. Pretty laggy if your looking for a quick portal from something bad.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Earthslug wrote:
"

Another useless piece of text by far!

Yes, this was answered A LOT of times: you don't create portal in a map; it was created by Map Device and you're just "moving an existing one closer to you"

You could find this by using search.
And if you want an official answer - here you go http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/659492
hope you'll find necessary lines in that thread without any help.

Thank you very much for the Link on the forum post, had no idea.

Moreover, I think Chris saying that it's the map's portals and not your own is kind of a cop-out. You should still be able to see your own portals, regardless how they're made. and to the post above me, I receive no lag from my custom portals.
Took a 4 month break from the game, THEY FIXED IT. HYYYYPPE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info