Comic Feedback please

Okey the comic is and about, who has read it and what is your take on it?

Is it worth the $4 or $20 with MTX?
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The Lioneye effect is amazing but the Kaom one is not, imo. Which is why I passed on those (and with the intend to get the Hyrri one if it really makes an appearance, she is really cool).

Issue 1 is full colored and 22-pages long (without cover and credits). Personally I love the writing and art both, the characters we all know by names and more or less detailed background feel really alive now. The content is rather mature and brutal just like the game. Won't go into details here as it might spoil too much.

The comic made me want more and 4 bucks for a full-colored, high quality issue looks justified to me. It woke interest for the rich background of the game and what led to the fucked-up state of Wraeclast in the first place.

If you want background about the persons involved into production, I assembled some information here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/965062
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 8:18:02 AM
The game as it is currently is in a complete and utter mess and I find it rather amazing that people are talking about something as irrelevant as this.

-Legacy items

-Desync problems

-Complete economy disaster

-Strongboxes of lag

-Game itself has stopped being playable until 4 month league, at least for old players.

But hey! Lets talk about comic!
Yes, and every of those issue have a relevant thread already present in Feedback. Use the search function or google if you want to actually contribute anything useful there.

@Support: You are free to delete my post, it is not relevant to the thread.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 8:19:33 AM
"
Luciana713 wrote:
The game as it is currently is in a complete and utter mess and I find it rather amazing that people are talking about something as irrelevant as this.

-Legacy items

-Desync problems

-Complete economy disaster

-Strongboxes of lag

-Game itself has stopped being playable until 4 month league, at least for old players.

But hey! Lets talk about comic!

-War

-AIDS

-Cancer

-Hunger

-Murder

I sure hope you don't talk about anything other than those things I just listed, when you're outside with other humans.
Your wank means nothing, not here in PoE or in IRL.
Last edited by Maxwells on Jul 30, 2014, 8:30:20 AM
"
Maxwells wrote:
[...] in IRL.

Spoiler
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 8:41:01 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
The Lioneye effect is amazing but the Kaom one is not, imo. Which is why I passed on those (and with the intend to get the Hyrri one if it really makes an appearance, she is really cool).

Issue 1 is full colored and 22-pages long (without cover and credits). Personally I love the writing and art both, the characters we all know by names and more or less detailed background feel really alive now. The content is rather mature and brutal just like the game. Won't go into details here as it might spoil too much.

The comic made me want more and 4 bucks for a full-colored, high quality issue looks justified to me. It woke interest for the rich background of the game and what led to the fucked-up state of Wraeclast in the first place.

If you want background about the persons involved into production, I assembled some information here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/965062

Thank you for your positive feedback and input without spoiling the comic for me.

To other posters please stay on topic, or make your own thread in relevant forum. As I'm just looking for feedback with regards to the comic both positive or negative.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
One could argue the price is not justified seeing what you can get nowadays in exchange for 4 bucks. However I am used to collect Manga and Comics for a much higher price in physical copies and I value them not in $/h of fun.

If you are mindful about the money you spend for leisure and consider "$/h of fun" much of a factor in your purchase behavior, I'd consider to pass on this one and get some Indie Game out there for the same price.

If you are out for collectors value only, I'd wait for the physical copy.

I bought it because I was eager to read the story and I am content to support the comic merchandise effort in hope that good sales might make a return of even more PoE comics.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 9:19:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info