Sheathing your weapons.

When not actually in use, I'd like to see my weapons sheathed. I think it looks silly to be walking around in town while carrying weapons out and ready to use all the time.

I've managed to get this ability in an "awkward" way by purchasing the Survivor Support Pack, applying the back attachment, and then (with my inventory *open*) switching to my secondary weapon set - which I don't actually have. When I do this, I end up with the chrome of my character showing swords on my back (I use two swords anyway, so that graphic worked out for me), and my hands being empty.

Of course, when I need to fight I have to hit "X" again to actually get my weapons back. (At which point I still see another set of swords on my back - but that's not a big deal.) I wouldn't mind this so much if I could just toggle back and forth with "X" all the time. But I if I *don't* have my inventory open, I have to open it first or else I simply get a message displayed about not having a second set of weapons bound. (I>X>I is almost too much of a hassle.)

So, with two sets of weapons perhaps showing them sheathed wouldn't work out too well. And I know that accommodating all weapon types and showing how they'd normally be kept on your body would entail a lot of design work - all of which is low priority at the moment.

Currently - the quick workaround would be to allow "X" to switch to empty hands with the inventory screen closed. I'm not sure why there's this discrepancy.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Sintactical wrote:
When not actually in use, I'd like to see my weapons sheathed. I think it looks silly to be walking around in town while carrying weapons out and ready to use all the time.

but this would prevent me from putting the exalted weapon effect on a staff and annoy people in town.

on a more serious note: it's a nice idea but from what i gathered from the way ggg handles 3d models it's not that easy and cheap to implement additional animations.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
For the exalted effect, you definitely want to keep yours unsheathed! LOL

(I'll settle for allowing X to work all the time.)
Last edited by Sintactical on Jul 29, 2014, 2:22:37 PM
"
Sintactical wrote:

...Currently - the quick workaround would be to allow "X" to switch to empty hands with the inventory screen closed. I'm not sure why there's this discrepancy.

I like your idea, but I think if this game were an MMORPG a feature like this would make more sense and be more worthy of GGG's development time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info