to the 1month hc guys do you buy maps ?

this is for ppl playing in hc 1month cause we cant run crazy iiq mods on maps imagine magnus exile with vulnerbility ele weakness and -max

its always the same i reach maps drown in 66/67/68/69 begin to chisel everything past 70 try to roll champions and packsize...and nothing i may get a higher map in return once in a few attempts but the odds thats this map keeps me on the new level or gives me a higher map are so slim

yesterday i tilt and bought 74s+ for 3ex worth of currency just to be able to play the game

yes i know carto boxes ..never saw one in a 70+ map i would roll the shit out of them even nova and skeletons

after 2 years of playing poe building a stable mappool is the most frustrating thing in poe if you try it without buying maps
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 29, 2014, 5:47:35 AM
Bump. Curious To this as well
Well, if they buy maps, someone has to generate those maps and thus someone has to maintain a map pool while selling them.

I think they reach the high level maps faster and maintain it easier since they play in groups. Do lower level maps as solo, higher level as a group. If it takes a week from you to get 1-2 level 75 map(s). 5 to 6 players will get 5 to 6 times more in the same time.
For higher level maps (72+) you might want to add the common vaal fragments (dusk/dawn maybe noon) as each different one put into the map device with the map gives +5 quantity so you can add +15 quantity with the three or 10 with the two common ones.
I've never had a problem generating maps and selling them. I don't even use chaos on anything under 78. Alt spam for 40%+ magic monsters or pack size and go. Streaks of bad luck happen, but you'll build your own pool this way, and it's way cheaper than spending a ton of currency.
I do yeah. I play solo though, so that is the norm for me.

I didn't have to buy any lower level ones this time, but I bought 75-78 maps (mostly 75s and 76s, as it is hard to get 77-78 since most people who are getting map drops of that level have a goal to level high, so they likely run them... but once in a while I guess you can find some, if they aren't bought up in ten seconds).

A lot of the time I have to buy lower 70s as well, but I got a box or two during the ambush sections. Of course I never got one on a decent level map, but it is what it is.

I lost about 3 days of play time to a failed GPU (ended up getting a new GPU, and also upgraded my CPU and mobo while I was at it, pretty excited to play some games with the new setup, PoE is still downloading). But I'm still aiming to hit 90, so I'm still mapping.

I will say though, every time I get to around 87+ I question why I continue to try leveling solo. One of the things I dislike about PoE is that it is balanced around the co-op system. I guess that is an inevitable result of it being an MMO-type arpg. I would love a solo HC league (not self found, as I don't see the game working very well without trade, as is), no parties. That of course is a pipe dream, but I still would like it.

I always end up angry and frustrated at PoE in end game. I would like to reach high levels, or compete on the ladder to some extent, but the party system takes things to a different level. Even if I didn't have a job or anything, and could play all day, I wouldn't be able to keep up solo.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Aug 2, 2014, 1:52:39 AM
I was playing solo, and my first maps were just horrible and gave basically no maps in return.
At some point i've decided to buy maps, bought around 15x 73 maps and was able to sustain my mappool through them.

Would suggest doing that if you have a hard time getting started with a high level mappool.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info