A possible solution to stale endgame

The current endgame in PoE seems to be you and your friends rotating 77/78 maps rolled for pack size or magic monsters. Which is terribly boring. I cant really ever bring myself to keep grinding like that after 90, nor does I feel any kind of real progression as most of the time i make it to 80/90 I have every big thing in the passive tree i need as well as gear for beyond minor upgrades.

What I would like see added to the game, especially as a HC player is high level maps that are are PvEvP or cut throat that allow for other parties to "invade". Similar to other maps you would be able to roll mods, use them in the lab etc... but another party with the same map would be able to invade your instance, add the mods they rolled on their map on top of yours, and of course be able to kill you and send you to SC.

It would be a risk reward type deal, you could constantly run 77/78 maps like some kind of rice farmer, or you could run very dangerous high level maps that great much more XP at the cost of a possible invasion by another party.

It should bring an interesting meta, maybe party comps built to deal with very tough modifiers, like reflect and chain to make invaders think twice. Of course nothing would stop invaders from doing the same. HC streams would be 100000x funner to watch. Interesting builds would pop up that would only be enabled by the PvEvP atmosphere.

Logging out would be punished as you would forfeit your map (and its mods/iir/q) to invaders/openers, or leave your party at a disadvantage. So even if no one dies there is still a lot at stake.

The endgame really needs something, and for the PvP players out there this would be a great outlet.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info