Screen freezes a lot, what to improve?

Hi guys!

I have this setup:

Intel Core i3 CPU540 3,07 GHz
ATI Radeon HD4670 2GB
RAM: 4 GB
WIN7 64 bit

My problem: screen freezes a lot when using trigger gems, encountering certain Rogue Exiles and especially when opening Strongboxes (sometimes 2-3 seconds for certain strongboxes).

What should I improve on my PC so I can run POE smoothly?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: might have posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for that. I don't think my PC is so bad though and POE used to run just fine in beta, now it's sort of impossible to enjoy. I recently re-installed windows and I ran a full virus check.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Last edited by neurolergic on Jul 28, 2014, 9:51:19 AM
TBH the system you have should be ok for the most part, the reason you are getting those pauses is because it would appear that some stuff like strong boxes are not preloaded and it's all done on opening so i would doubt upgrading any part would help unless you wanted to upgrade to an SSD

At best you could try the tool for defraging the game file that is stickied, could just be that the main file is a fairly fragmented and the additional search time making it pause.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 28, 2014, 10:47:22 AM
You're better off with a new computer. At least your problem is your video cards, this game is known to perform bad on ATI HD series. But only upgrading your GPU will probably just disbalance the components in your computer, for example your new GPU compared to your old CPU.

I would go for an i5 or i7 CPU of the Haswell generation with and ATI R290 or R290X, also make sure that you get a SSD instead of a HDD. 8GB of RAM is sufficient and can be easily increased later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info