Need help with my PC

Hi guys!

I have this setup:

Intel Core i3 CPU540 3,07 GHz
ATI Radeon HD4670 2GB
RAM: 4 GB
WIN7 64 bit

My problem: screen freezes a lot when using trigger gems, encountering certain Rogue Exiles and especially when opening Strongboxes (sometimes 2-3 seconds for certain strongboxes).

What should I improve on my PC so I can run POE smoothly?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: might have posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for that. I don't think my PC is so bad though and POE used to run just fine in beta, now it's sort of impossible to enjoy. I recently re-installed windows and I ran a full virus check.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Last edited by neurolergic on Jul 28, 2014, 9:11:19 AM
"
neurolergic wrote:
Hi guys!

I have this setup:

Intel Core i3 CPU540 3,07 GHz
ATI Radeon HD4670 2GB
RAM: 4 GB
WIN7 64 bit

My problem: screen freezes a lot when using trigger gems, encountering certain Rogue Exiles and especially when opening Strongboxes (sometimes 2-3 seconds for certain strongboxes).

What should I improve on my PC so I can run POE smoothly?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: might have posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for that. I don't think my PC is so bad though and POE used to run just fine in beta, now it's sort of impossible to enjoy. I recently re-installed windows and I ran a full virus check.

one fact is obvious, you can't run games on 4GB RAM as win7 already uses most of it to buffer it's components. 8GB are a minimum, 16 GByte or more are nicer for games.

if you've done this and it still doesn't work, try to watch your equipment's load, especially gpu and cpu.
there are good freeware tools like gpu-z and cpu-z which allow you to watch temperatures and processor load while playing.
if either component is running over 90% load while you play you're due to either scale down details shown in the game's config or replace these components with newer ones.

The same situation on my PC, so this not problem with your computer.

This is my spec
Intel Core i5 760 3,3 GHz
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 7870
Last edited by MrAks on Jul 28, 2014, 12:39:36 PM
"
MrAks wrote:
The same situation on my PC, so this not problem with you computer.

This is my spec
Intel Core i5 760 3,3 GHz
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 7870

as i've said in his other thread you'll find the pause on opening the strong boxes is due to something not being preloaded, it shouldn't be a large pause unless you have a fragmented game file
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
You're better off with a new computer. At least your problem is your video cards, this game is known to perform bad on ATI HD series. But only upgrading your GPU will probably just disbalance the components in your computer, for example your new GPU compared to your old CPU.

I would go for an i5 or i7 CPU of the Haswell generation with and ATI R290 or R290X, also make sure that you get a SSD instead of a HDD. 8GB of RAM is sufficient and can be easily increased later.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 1:56:37 PM
Thanks guys for the help so far.

I will try to figure this out now, normally I enjoy playing some hardcore, but I can't currently. On higher difficulty areas by the time the game loads and moves on I am dead or at least very close to being dead.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
That i3 cpu is quick enough & 4GB is more than enough ram, 8gb is better an 16gb is not really utilised so save your money..

I'd buy an SSD and maybe think about an upgraded gfx card, should sort you out :)

From other posts on here complaining about AMD cards lagging I'd go for a GTX750 Ti or higher.

Hope this helps (i'm a pc repair tech btw so not just spouting at you lol).

--------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-8600k // 16GB DDR4-3000 // Geforce RTX2070 8GB // Samsung 970 EVO

Whay too many Are-Gee-Bees (:
16GB is good if you'd rather use a RAMDisk... RAMDisk is faster than SSD so you get less performance hit from asset loading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info