Overheating problems

Hello Exiles !!

Recently, about 2-3 weeks now i've been having a problem with PoE overheating my laptop, followed by a crash !

Note that ONLY PoE does this, D3, TorchLight, HeartStone, Starcraft 2, nothing... only PoE. And it saddens my very much because PoE is my # 1 game atm. I've been playing since the early beta so this is a first for me. I've noticed it happend after a recent patch during the 2-3 week time span.

I've tried to counteract this my doing the following: good coolingpad, turing off shadows, lowering texture quality up to 3, and turning on that sync option ingame where the the framerate sync up to your monitor something like that. (sorry not a computer wiz :D)

I've out of freaking idea's, any1 got a clue how i can fix this !!! I'd love to play PoE again for longer than an hour without the risk of my computer melting lol :D.

Hope to hear from you exiles soon !!
Bump !
Have you cleaned out the fans and vents? Good airflow is very important.
poe isn't for laptops. this is just my opinion.

reason is: most other games are highly optimized by a team of experts which are often have a direct line into the dev labs of companies building graphic cards and drivers.

ggg on the other hand may have highly professional enhusiasts but are running on a very limited budget and the company isnt't that big yet. so optimization is naturally poorer than in other big games.
Your laptop should not overheat, cooling fans should always keep the temperature below a certain point.

If you excluded dust and airflow, I would return the laptop to the supplier if you still have warranty...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info