allies

i think a great addition to the game would be mercenaries, maybe several different kinds who offer special requests / quests that you have to accomplish to earn their companionship. being able to equip them would also be a nice feature.

it would also be interesting if there were random "heroes", besides other players, who were out helping to cleanse wraeclast of monsters, and maybe to balance that there could be increased pack sizes around them to make battles more interesting and challenging.

thanks GGG!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This hasnt been suggested at all before has it? Or did i just travel back in time? I dont know!

And no, please no mercs, isolate the people who are afraid of talking to others? Please dont.
Would be interesting if there were a vendor in towns that could approach, trade them an alch or orb appropriate to the level of the area in exchange for the services of a merc for a given amount of time. The mercs could be the same characters as the rogue exiles you encounter now.
don't get fooled by teh spoilers, it's just chris trolling and reddit making wrong statements...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:
Would be interesting if there were a vendor in towns that could approach, trade them an alch or orb appropriate to the level of the area in exchange for the services of a merc for a given amount of time. The mercs could be the same characters as the rogue exiles you encounter now.

lol rogue mercs would be better than most players
itd be interesting if they had their own level and skill progressions as players do though so you can get them from meek to mighty
That would be interesting if friendly fire was on :)
So that merc exile doesn't target you specifically but you still gotta watch for his AoE. And you can kill him by accident...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
So that merc exile doesn't target you specifically but you still gotta watch for his AoE. And you can kill him by accident...

why would you want that?
"
PandaBears wrote:

lol rogue mercs would be better than most players
itd be interesting if they had their own level and skill progressions as players do though so you can get them from meek to mighty

I was thinking their HP and DPS would be scaled down to what is appropriate to the level of map/instance you're in.

"
treffnix wrote:

I like how you're thinking.
"
PandaBears wrote:
"
treffnix wrote:

why would you want that?

Because it would be more fun than a simple buff, which is what fully cooperative mercs would be :)
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Suggestion: When players encounter rogue exiles they get the option to kill it or to submit it, when submitting players still have to fight it but no items will drop when you win. The rogue exile will join you for a set amount of time or until it dies.
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 1, 2014, 9:42:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info