A satisfying(for me), solution to aura stacking.

Wrath - flat damage (60% of current)
Hatred - % of physical added (70% of current)
Anger - More fire damage with weapons (69% at level 20 with all aura points)

------------------

That works really well, because wrath benefits fast weapons and the corresponding node is in dagger area, or fast weapon area, it's about shock stacking and needs many attacks for good usage.

Hatred works for plain old physical builds, also slow hitting ones, and there it no proper way to really gain cold damage unless you made it flat like wrath. It is however so defensively powerful you need a good weapon to support it, and it has its niche.

Anger is fire, and there are several pathways of causing fire damage. You can go added fire damage, or you can go avatar of fire, probably more things. If one aura had to be "more" damage, then it should be fire.

That way all auras serve a different purpose, and are unique, overall nerfing mindless aura stacking. Now you need a build to match it.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 26, 2014, 7:10:28 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Another good suggestion for balancing damage auras, although a small amount of balance testing would be necessary to figure out the exact numbers. I consider the variety of "good ideas" I've seen encouraging, as it means GGG has a lot of options. Will they do anything about damage auras? I sure hope so.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
But is the problem the Aura or the character being built around hefty crit multiplier?

Even then, is it the Aura, crit multiplier, or is it Spectral Throw?

And still, is it the Aura, crit multiplier, spectral throw, or dagger nodes?

And if we keep going, does it all work within the range of balanced power versus survivability, or is it the few key unique items that make this type of build go way over the top?

- If we removed Shavs and/or CoE, would we be debating nerfing auras?

- If we changed the way Crit multiplier stacks (Currently manipulatively with the base) to just be additive, would we think these damage Auras are over powered?

- If I played my character around Low Life and these Auras, would the possibility of dying be too high to be playable, if I did not have access to Shavs, and/or Solaris Lorica? (And top-tier ES gear)
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
"
wdmshmo wrote:
But is the problem the Aura or the character being built around hefty crit multiplier?

For what it's worth let me post again as i've done in most auras threads now:

Average damage of lvl 21 wrath, with all aura nodes and inner force, vs average phys damage of loath bane:

Wrath: 347.5
Loath: 273.5

Wrath is 27.2% more damage, loath bane is a near perfect mirrored weapon.

Lightning shocks, physical leeches, so lets call that even for the sake of comparison. It is easier to increase lightning damage with gems/gear/build than it is physical.

I don't think it's smart to have one out to flat out more damage than a mirrored weapon, it basically screams; Aura stack stack or go home.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
You're OP is only proving that ST which gives you the possibility to work with those auras is the real problem.
It's getting quite ridiculous how you are parading about all threads saying the real issue is ST. Maybe ST is an issue by itself, maybe not, but please stop being offtopic here, attempting to derail the thread to talk about ST.

Auras have their own issues, such as wrath > mirrored weapon damage, etc etc.

We're here to talk about auras, not ST.

Thank you.
Why dont we all wait and see what the expansion brings as the chars in the screenshot dont have more than 1 aura active with little reservation. Could be a hint at a aura change.
"
Startkabels wrote:
You're OP is only proving that ST which gives you the possibility to work with those auras is the real problem.

I can use the auras with Reave. 3 million tooltip on Reave. (No joke.)

I can use the auras with Double Strike. (1.2 million-ish)

I can use the auras with Ground Slam.

I can use the auras with Split Arrow.

I can use the auras with Power Siphon.

I can use the auras with Dual Strike.

And it goes on.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 25, 2014, 11:02:56 AM
to be fair is hard to compare elemental with phys dmg, hard hiting phys dmg weapons can ignore big part of the armor reduction while while hard hiting elemental attacks will get their dmg destroyed by 75-80% ele ress.
-
only aura that looks problematic to me are the puritys becouse they can give ridiculous amount of max ress in the long run, would be much easier to just make the increase in max ress a constant from lv 1 to 2x
-
all in all the problem i do see is that attack speed gets ridiculous quite fast making flat elemental dmg stronger.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I believe Anger, Hatred, and Wrath should:

1. Provide some base damage of their type, to benefit faster attacks.

2. Provide increased damage based on the damage you already deal, to benefit builds that already have high damage.

3. Provide an increase to the damage you already do, to not only increase the aura's own power but increase any existing damage of their element that you already have.

Just my two orbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info