My friend got randomly banned. Again.

Hello, GGG.

My friend got banned for farming City of Sarn a long time ago on his account [Removed by Support]. He tried to contact you unknowingly of that incident that automatically banned people, [Removed by Support], who got unbanned. The answer from the account investigation team was this:

"
Hi there,

I’m sorry for how long it has taken us to reach a verdict about your account. Unfortunately, after a thorough investigation, we have concluded that the allegations against your account were correct. Your account was in breach of the Terms of Use of Path of Exile and your account will remain banned.

Thanks,
RoryC

Also, his second account got banned. I don't know if you periodically ban people(using MAC adresses) based on previous bans(for allegedly botting). Hell, he wasn't even level 30.

I want to know which part of the Terms of Use of Path of Exile did he breach and, if it was because of City of Sarn farming, would like you to unban his accounts.

Thanks in advance.
IGN: Christopher________
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 24, 2014, 1:33:46 PM
Please remove the email addresses from your post.

You should NEVER post personal / account information in a public forum.... especially one that belongs to someone else!

Edit: You're also not the account holder and you aren't owed anything in the form of a reason from GGG.

In addition to that, your FRIEND isn't owed an explanation either. GGG is under no obligation to describe why you (or your "friend") were banned. They have told you that they investigated the account and found it in breach of Terms of Service. Game over.
Last edited by Drakier on Jul 24, 2014, 12:51:40 PM
"
Drakier wrote:
Please remove the email addresses from your post.

You should NEVER post personal / account information in a public forum.... especially one that belongs to someone else!

Edit: You're also not the account holder and you aren't owed anything in the form of a reason from GGG.

In addition to that, your FRIEND isn't owed an explanation either. GGG is under no obligation to describe why you (or your "friend") were banned. They have told you that they investigated the account and found it in breach of Terms of Service. Game over.

I would like an answer from a GGG employee. My friend asked me to do so.

Thanks for your concern.
IGN: Christopher________
"
Phertochris wrote:
I would like an answer from a GGG employee. My friend asked me to do so.

Thanks for your concern.

Then send them a Private Message to the Support account, or send an email to them at the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page.

Be aware, they don't generally discuss account-related issues with anyone other than the Account Holder... IE: your "friend".
Does your friend not know how to send an email? GGG isn't going to tell you anything, nor should they. You want me to be able to ask GGG all about you and them tell me?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Your title is incorrect based on the Dev response, it was not at all random.

Ask your friend to e-mail support if he needs an explanation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info