Cant login

Cant login after i used a saved password after last time i played and it says need to verify bcoz i played from another location (lol?) thus i need to look the code from my e-mail and i didnt get a single one after resend for many... many.. times...

Help ?
Hi Dhegouh,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving our emails. I recommend checking your spam folders, and adding support@grindinggear.com to its contact list, as this has been known to help.

Please let us know if you still aren't getting a code after doing that.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
still, nothing happens, no email or whatsoever, i cant even verify this account too
Send then an email to the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page. The security emails don't send if the email address hasn't been verified. It's likely something wrong with that.
I dont know why i kept getting "you're accessing from another location" after i turn of my pc
And, no it's the same pc and isp im playing this game.
"
dhegouh wrote:
I dont know why i kept getting "you're accessing from another location" after i turn of my pc
And, no it's the same pc and isp im playing this game.

To properly answer that question, you have to understand how their "location" security system works, and how IP Addressing in general works.

When your PC (or Cable modem) connects to your ISP, it is given an IP Address by the DHCP server. This is usually dynamic and random inside of their allotted IPs range (each ISP is given a set of IPs they are allowed to give out).

Because these IPs are random and dynamic, you don't always get the same one each time your network is "connected" to the internet. If you reboot your modem/router, or you power it down every night, the next time you turn it on, you're likely to get a different IP address. This makes it look like you're in a new location.

Because IP addresses are "virtual" addresses, they are not attached specifically to a geographical location.... like your house address. You can't pick up your house and move it easily, but IP addresses can be changed often. Because IP addresses are "virtual", they are entered into a database (usually by the ISP or associated) which is called a "geolocation" database. This allows people (like GGG) to associate an IP address with a general region (Country, Region, City). These are not always accurate. If an ISP services a large area (multiple cities), you could get an IP address that says it is from your city just as likely as you could get an IP address that says it is from a neighboring city.

In your case, this is what has happened. The last time you connected to PoE successfully, it stored your IP and "geolocation" into their database. When you connected today, you likely had a different IP, and likely also a different "geolocation". This tells GGG that you're no longer at the same place you last were.

You can "see" this information for yourself by going to a site like: http://www.geoiptool.com/ and write down the IP, Country, Region, and City.

The next time you connect and get the "unlock code" dialog, go back to that site and compare with what you had written down now. Guarantee at least the IP address will be different, as will the City most likely. That is what causes the unlock code to have to be sent again.

Does that all make sense? If not, let us know and we can try to clarify more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info