No mac support?

lol really?
Really....lolololol, get a windows PC
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Is it really that surprising that there isn't Mac support? It takes a lot of extra time and money to develop games for Mac. For a lot of small companies it just isn't worth it when a majority of gamers use Windows.
Yeah... I don't get what the "lol really?" was about. It's like they don't have an understanding that there are significant differences between Mac and PC other than who makes them.

Don't get me wrong... Mac and PC are closer today than they've been in a very long time.. but OSX and Windows are not compatible at all. OSX is more like Linux than Windows. If they developed a version for Linux, it would be more likely to work with Mac than a Windows version (but still not a guarantee).

If you want to play it on Mac, use Bootcamp to get a Windows install, or use the unofficial Mac version (which uses Wine like the unofficial Linux version). Keep in mind that there is absolutely no real official support for PoE on Linux and Mac. There are threads in the General Discussion boards dedicated to PoE on Mac and Linux.

I'd suggest learning more about the difference between Mac and PC before judging it or making comments like "lol really?" when dealing with software. Also keep in mind that the Mac market is still small in comparison to the PC market (but growing). Mac still isn't a huge platform for gaming. Mac has advantages in certain areas over PCs, but Gaming isn't one of them (yet). Don't be one of the Apple Drone generation. Learn about the hardware and software before judging. (Typed from my MacBook)
Use a virtual Windows machine on your Mac, think you can use something called Parallels?

Don't know how that will perform though...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 4:25:22 PM
Hopefully there'll be a Mac version coming out soon in the future, besides I'll have to take advantage of my work computer after work to continue my journey in-game. :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info