The reason I didn't like Atziri from the start and some suggestions.

So right now, the Atziri thing is as follows:

- You have to look for corrupted areas (RNG)
- You have to farm them and hope for a fragment (RNG x2)
- When you have the 3 most common fragments, you have to hope for a midnights (RNG x10)
- You now can open the Atziri portal and fight her, and hope a mortal fragment, or a doryani's item at least (RNG x50. Most of the time you will get an item that you can buy for much less than the value of the midnight set.)
- Repeat the process until you have the 3 most common mortal fragments, then hope for a "hope" (RNG x1000). unless you get extremely lucky with the drops there is no way you can sell what you get from the runs to buy a hope from another player.
- You now have 80 years old and can open the portal to Uber Atziri, that can drop either a 7-15 exalt item (3 times less than the value of your mortal set) or a 85-200 ex item, based of course upon RNG.

Tedious waste of time at the very least right? Let's look at an example of how Diablo 2 made their "gated boss experience".

- You have to farm 3 specific bosses that you know exactly where they are for 3 keys that drop 10% of the time.
Suddenly, a huge part of the tedious process has been removed. You do not have to look for CA, the bosses are fixed. There is no rarer key, all have a 10% drop chance, and the best part is that if you lack 1 specific key, you farm the boss that drops that key, removing the chance to get 100 dusks and no midnights.
- Once you farm 9 keys (3 sets of 3), you use each set of keys to open a portal to a boss. Each one of this 3 bosses WILL ALWAYS drop his own body part, that is used as an "uber key".
In POE you have to pray for atziri to drop the mortal pieces.
- Once you have the 3 "uber keys" you open the portal to the ubers, and defeat them and get a torch, a very good endgame item 100% of the time, so you got rewarded for your efforts.

We don't want to make POE into D2 of course, but i think it can benefit from the idea to make this process less of a grind and more rewarding. The Atziri fight is hard enough itself, why make getting to her a boring task?

Make each sacrifice fragment each drop off a specific fixed boss, and make Atziri always drop a mortal fragment will be nice improvements to make Atziri accesible to more people. I don't think GGG likes thinking that they wasted time in content only a dozen of people played.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
the story of poe has always been a tragedy by the title "too much rng ruined the most promising arpgy of 2013"

all the problems of the game that dont have desynch in their name can be traced back to the blatant over use of rng.

uber end game? bad rng
mods on tiems ( you can roll a level 1 affix on a level 70 item? ) shit rng
link system? 6l is 500 - 8000 fusing . yeah ggg fucking logic and fairness up the ass since 2012
the crafting system in general ... bad rng
the map system bad rng

no need to beat this horse to death (it died years ago) , a large portion of the player base discovered this sad truth and moved on to greener pastures. All that is left are those who rmt , beat the odds or are ignorant.... or dont care .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 23, 2014, 12:31:32 PM
"
Criptospora wrote:
Make each sacrifice fragment each drop off a specific fixed boss, and make Atziri always drop a mortal fragment will be nice improvements to make Atziri accesible to more people. I don't think GGG likes thinking that they wasted time in content only a dozen of people played.

I took a third option:

Boycott the entire Atziri debacle from the start.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
you can roll a level 1 affix on a level 70 item? ) shit rng

This has been the case for every arpg ever, so I don't see the problem here. In fact, i like RNG, i'm not against it. What i'm trying to say with my OP is that I don't think RNG should be a content limiting factor, it should be limited to loot in my opinion. Now that we are talking about it, that's the exact same problem I have with maps. In my case to get higher than 72-74 maps I need to pray to RNGessus the same way as the Atziri content.

"
RogueMage wrote:

I took a third option:

Boycott the entire Atziri debacle from the start.

And how did you do that, lol.
Last edited by Criptospora on Jul 24, 2014, 12:06:57 PM
Atziri is not in the game for me and the last epansion was pretty fail , bad tuned HC league i didnt even bother trying , a bad designed endgame boss and some minor changes to gems and gambeling.
Last edited by Kamro on Jul 24, 2014, 12:29:28 PM
"
Criptospora wrote:

I don't think GGG likes thinking that they wasted time in content only a dozen of people played.
Tons of people do Atziri runs.

Atziri/uber runs are supposed to be limited access and take lots of grind to reach, that is part of the design. Making the bosses 10 times easier to reach with 10 times more frequency would break it.

People like to fixate on the fact that one of each shard set is more rare than the others but would it really matter if all shards had equal drop rate as long as you had to average the same runs to get a set?

Terrible suggestion in general, typical rng whine thread in a game genre that is supposed to revolve around rng. Go play cod.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 7, 2014, 6:17:58 AM
"
RogueMage wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Hahahaha. Omg that's hilarious. Anyone who pays that is a fool. They sell for like 6-9C, but I still prefer finding them myself.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 7, 2014, 6:18:15 AM
the Atziri fight and zone itself, is probably the closest to risk/reward GGG got thus far.
the gating of the Atziri fight and zone, is probably the most disgusting form of utter RNG dependency, GGG made thus far.

in a game that cherishes RNG dependency as a ground rule for everything, and "prides" itself on ignoring risk/reward as a guideline - both of the above "feats" are extremely impressive.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Atziri is only really gated if you want to farm her 20+ times. Doing her a few times requires little effort in acquiring midnights.

The difference in effort to reach uber atziri is pretty much the huge difference in difficulty. It's gated since barely anyone can do it in the first place and it means people who can do her, won't completely monopolize her drops(currently her drops are still "rare").
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 2:15:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info