How can I improve my duelist?(level 76)

Hi. First I feel a small introduction is needed. I've been playing since March of last year mainly on just this one character. It was my first character so my deaths are high(upwards of 600 lol) and the beginning of my tree was garbage til I respec'd. I quit playing on patch 1.0.0. Now that I'm back I'm playing again and a ton of crap has changed and I feel like I should ask for help.

TL;DR Haven't played for 9 months and I need help with my tree and my items.

These are my current weps and armor.
Spoiler

The BoR is legacy so I have that going for me. I think the two swords are kinda lacking for dps(not sure) but I still hit upwards of 17k dps on dual strike. My resistances are above 75 but I have -60 chaos res. Lightning is actually at 95 so I need to lower that some. I've got 3k health and 6k armour for 41% reduction without my 4 endurance charges. The flasks aren't anything special.

I run Hatred and Grace on my mana and come out with just enough mana left to cast Enduring Cry. I also have Determination linked to Reduced Mana but that would come out to like 120% of my max mana soooooo...

Here's my passive tree. I currently have two points I haven't put in yet because I'm not sure where to go.

Basically I'm looking for suggestions as to what I need to buy and replace and where I should go in my passive tree from here. Or if I should just respec completely the next chance I get.

Also let me know if you have any upgrades I can purchase from you. I think I've got like ~4 exalts worth of currency and more in items.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwUtEPAR1RIgFx0XPhhNG60dJh3KIWAkmycvKNsppTGeMgk0NTSTNZI26DiWQKBBdETnR35KfUrITeNOKlPfVw1Xl1ivWNtbr16LXz9gQWBLY3BlTWeAZ6BqHmo7bEZsjW6qcHJybHKpdO12K3gNeEl463rvfNmAioN8hNmE74d2iPGQCpHOlWaZK5stm4OeuaSspleoB6gYqW6rxa-itfK2QbcXu-28n72BvqfAD8EEwQfP-NIh0k3Tftd-3ILdDd_v45_nCu8O707veu_j8i_3MvdN_MX-jw==

This is some small tweaks i would suggest...removing the melee physical damage nodes by the scion...the 4 nodes add 28% and you can achieve that with the two sword nodes to the bottom left and also receive 12% additional life...from there i would grab the 15% added physical just to the left of beserking(3 attack speed nodes below scion start)...So you took away 28% added physical from scion start (4 points)and gained 39% physical (24% swords) 15% one handed melee and also 12% added life. I would then make my way in the maurader tree to diamond skin 10% all resist and +1 max resists...this will allow you to buy better gear with chaos resist because you can now have 10% less from your gear...and for the absolute end game i would make my way to resolute technique because it is almost required for melee builds that don't use crit, because it allows you to leech a lot more because you never miss...I would even consider dropping the 9 nodes in the archer tree to get resolute technique and then you can add those for more dps...if survivability is needed or run into a wall. even if you have say 14k dps you will shred most maps and get plenty of leech to survive.

If you have any other questions i would use http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/491481 this thread for any other tweaks you would like to make. I have done this build in almost every league, including invasion and it is a lot of fun.

Feel Free to pm me if you have any other questions

For weapons i would say if you can get your hands on a soul taker(best case scenario you dps will also skyrocket because you won't need to use blood magic anymore...other then that i would try to replace your ele dmg ring and your elemental dmg weapon...Your nodes don't scale of elemental damage as they will off of more physical on the weapon.
Last edited by nagorb24 on Jul 21, 2014, 9:23:22 PM
"
nagorb24 wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwUtEPAR1RIgFx0XPhhNG60dJh3KIWAkmycvKNsppTGeMgk0NTSTNZI26DiWQKBBdETnR35KfUrITeNOKlPfVw1Xl1ivWNtbr16LXz9gQWBLY3BlTWeAZ6BqHmo7bEZsjW6qcHJybHKpdO12K3gNeEl463rvfNmAioN8hNmE74d2iPGQCpHOlWaZK5stm4OeuaSspleoB6gYqW6rxa-itfK2QbcXu-28n72BvqfAD8EEwQfP-NIh0k3Tftd-3ILdDd_v45_nCu8O707veu_j8i_3MvdN_MX-jw==

This is some small tweaks i would suggest...removing the melee physical damage nodes by the scion...the 4 nodes add 28% and you can achieve that with the two sword nodes to the bottom left and also receive 12% additional life...from there i would grab the 15% added physical just to the left of beserking(3 attack speed nodes below scion start)...So you took away 28% added physical from scion start (4 points)and gained 39% physical (24% swords) 15% one handed melee and also 12% added life. I would then make my way in the maurader tree to diamond skin 10% all resist and +1 max resists...this will allow you to buy better gear with chaos resist because you can now have 10% less from your gear...and for the absolute end game i would make my way to resolute technique because it is almost required for melee builds that don't use crit, because it allows you to leech a lot more because you never miss...I would even consider dropping the 9 nodes in the archer tree to get resolute technique and then you can add those for more dps...if survivability is needed or run into a wall. even if you have say 14k dps you will shred most maps and get plenty of leech to survive.

If you have any other questions i would use http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/491481 this thread for any other tweaks you would like to make. I have done this build in almost every league, including invasion and it is a lot of fun.

Feel Free to pm me if you have any other questions

For weapons i would say if you can get your hands on a soul taker(best case scenario you dps will also skyrocket because you won't need to use blood magic anymore...other then that i would try to replace your ele dmg ring and your elemental dmg weapon...Your nodes don't scale of elemental damage as they will off of more physical on the weapon.

In my version of that build I'd make room for the 4x life nodes between dualist and ranger and the 3x with bloodless in them. I'd also get the dualist end charge and the 3x duration above RT, for an extra long immortal call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info