Melee Splash doesn't work?

Hello, im completely new to this game (have only played around 3 days), so im a complete noob when it comes to skill gems, and im wondering why won't my melee splash support gem doesnt seem to work, im currently a dual claw wielder mainly using Dual Strike, but every time i attack the damage is always single target despite having melee splash and using dual stike. Pls help i hate not having AOE :D

Also since I'm going a dual claw build does this mean i will need 2 melee splash gems?
Are you sure you have melee splash linked to your single target attack?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
youbin1396 wrote:
Hello, im completely new to this game (have only played around 3 days), so im a complete noob when it comes to skill gems, and im wondering why won't my melee splash support gem doesnt seem to work, im currently a dual claw wielder mainly using Dual Strike, but every time i attack the damage is always single target despite having melee splash and using dual stike. Pls help i hate not having AOE :D

Also since I'm going a dual claw build does this mean i will need 2 melee splash gems?

You need to make sure there is a link between your main skill socket and the support gem you want to support it with.
no you don't need 2 copies of the skill unless you want to have skills that do different things.
Also your atk skill is not required to be in your claws.
Last edited by H4T3MONG3R on Jul 21, 2014, 12:29:23 PM
when you say the sockets have to be linked do you mean there has to be a line going from one scoket hole to the other? cuz none of my items have that atm
Yes, that's what that means. I think you can learn about sockets and links on the wiki. It'd be good for you to learn some of the game mechanics so you can progress. In the end you'll want 5 (ideally 6) linked sockets on your chest Armour to give your main skill as many supports as you can.

There are also some beginner guides floating around. The one my guild made is http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21709-the-basins-path-of-exile-beginners-guide/.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 21, 2014, 1:24:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info