Atziri trio question

Heya,

Ok so I've done atziri a fair few hundred times and tried uber etc, i know the fights well, but with my ambush char i never had to tank the trio. With this one i do, and i'm rather confused.
I was under the impression that whole room does only phys and fire dmg.
So i got a pair of kaom rings, got 6 sec immortal call. I pop the immortal call, start attacking and they rip me apart. The ground kills me like crazy too, i thought the ground was also phys dmg.

What am i missing? Why do i lose 4khp in two secs with capped fire res and immortal call?

Thanks
Last edited by xNomadx on Jul 20, 2014, 11:03:32 AM
The physical degen is not blockable as far as I know, and IC will not stop it. If you want to facetank them you need high leech / speed / DPS.
Last edited by chromafunk on Jul 20, 2014, 11:17:04 AM
Excluding the ground (supposing i simply dont stand on it), shouldn't IC prevent most if not all of the dmg from the two that don't do fire dmg?
When you kill someone and they leave black ground= its physical and you are immune to it when you have IC up.

When cycloner cyclones, he leaves CHAOS degen ground.

When you attack dual striker when he is on fire, he reflects fire dmg. Its similar to lighting thorns(if you dont believe, I can post video what happens when u leave him last and attack him with mjölner lol).
Last edited by Kullevi on Jul 20, 2014, 11:27:12 AM
"
Kullevi wrote:
When you kill someone and they leave black ground= its physical and you are immune to it when you have IC up.

When cycloner cyclones, he leaves CHAOS degen ground.

When you attack dual striker when he is on fire, he reflects fire dmg. Its similar to lighting thorns(if you dont believe, I can post video what happens when u leave him last and attack him with mjölner lol).

Thanks this is helpfull.
My main was a pure phys / hatred puncture so i had absoultely no problems with them, never had to know all the mechanics.

This one on the other hand is anger wrath hatred (elem crit). So i assume that the dmg i was getting while being in IC was my own reflected dmg? I mean apart from chaos dmg nothing else there can pass IC right
Last edited by xNomadx on Jul 20, 2014, 11:30:16 AM
I read somewhere the degen from the cyclone was physical. But anyway, you won´t be able to block that.

I didn´t even noticed there is another form of degen on the ground.

If you are elemental crit and you are using life leech and Vaal Pact you should have no problem at all, I never noticed Q'ura reflected fire dmg-
Last edited by chromafunk on Jul 20, 2014, 11:33:04 AM
I dont know exactly how the reflect works. It seems to reflect per hit(how many times you attack) but I dont know if it also reflects more, if you do more damage.

Degen from cycloner is chaos. Again, if you dont believe me, pop IC and go stand in it. Then pop IC and go stand in the physical degen(what comes after they die).

This is video what happens when you have IC up and stand on the ground they leave after dead http://youtu.be/hGDwVujnyTo?t=19m50s (not my video)
Last edited by Kullevi on Jul 20, 2014, 11:44:04 AM
Yeah i didn't know the cycloner ground was chaos, that hurt. Well, now i know for the next time. Just gotta figure that reflect thing out

EDIT: Could i bother you to link me that video you were talking about? (reflect)
Last edited by xNomadx on Jul 20, 2014, 11:50:51 AM
I never had problems with the reflect with my cycloner. I always left that boss last.

But with my mjölner, even when popping fire flask(94 fire res), I drop to half life because it procs so many times.

But the reflect is not problem unless I leave that boss last.
"
chromafunk wrote:
I read somewhere the degen from the cyclone was physical. But anyway, you won´t be able to block that.

I didn´t even noticed there is another form of degen on the ground.

If you are elemental crit and you are using life leech and Vaal Pact you should have no problem at all, I never noticed Q'ura reflected fire dmg-

Well you propably leech more than he reflects with vaal pact. Have you tried leaving him last?

Here is one video about the reflect. Watch what happens when the guy set himself on fire. http://youtu.be/7nmaEt8Wp7Y

Even my cycloner starts take huge dmg because ele st's boosted haste and other auras(not sure if they affect).

Ill post the mjölner video later(dont have it uploaded).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info