Perma death pvp

Hello friends,

Since a few months i am back to PoE !

Is it perma death up now ? I really want to take some ears now :)
only way to do it is go fight at kraityn or alira or oak in a HC league
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I'm extremely curious. What is the draw of permadeath pvp? I like pvp, but permadeath pvp just seems like it would not be nearly as fun. I can just imagine 1 or 2 guys getting really strong and getting good items and waiting outside of town at coast or somewhere just killing lower level players over and over never letting anyone progress.

This very thing has happened before in another game before, in WOW.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-elaborate-dick-moves-in-online-gaming-history_p7/
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Jul 24, 2014, 10:50:56 PM
I agree, it would be huge trolling possibilities, maybe it could work somehow but i doubt its really needed in the game.
Steam: teemu92
Last edited by teemu92 on Jul 28, 2014, 11:01:00 AM
Nothing was worse than doing a baal runs in nightmare on d2 and a lvl 90 comes in the game and hostiles our party and we have to remake the game over and over until the guy gets bored or we set a password.

Public games are bad enough in poe (lack of team work and good dps) if you can join any and hostile that would be frustrating lol :P

theres already pking on bandits and maybe at another quest in act 4 who knows. thats plenty of perma death for me.
IGN: @GreenDude
Thats why I stopped playing this game.

Dev lied about perma cut throat league, ignore PVP and keep the game dumbed down...

Perma death is it really needed yeah :)
One of the most memorable experiences of diablo 2 were the high stakes duels in hardcore. Nothing compares to the rush you get from perma death pvp and the glory that comes from not only killing the guy who hostiled you first, but also in killing noobs who stayed in the baal games after you hostiled them first. Only the best ran the show in D2 and it was fun to either be a part of them or try to take them down.

I wish PoE implemented this dynamic, currently it is a PvE centric game where the monsters greatly overpower the players, but in D2, the players greatly overpowered the monsters and the real end game was to be the top PvPer/dueler in your realm. Even softcore duels games were massively fun, FFA duels or teamed up, but hardcore duels in D2 got your heart beating. Those were the golden days.
Last edited by thehhwy on Aug 29, 2014, 5:08:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info