Flicker strike

Hello guys :)!!
I've a question about Flicker strike.. I've done a shadow based on that skill but i have some doubt. What is exactly "damage per use"? All skills usually got "damage per second", not per use. Does it means that if i just press one time the skill button it does about the damage written on "dmg per use"? And if it is correct, does it also implyes that flicker strike dmg doesn't depend by attack speed?? In fact if i support it with faster attcks, dmg doesn't change. Or is it Flicker strike affected by faster attacks but it just doesn't appear in statistich?
Can some1 explain me well the dynamics of that skill :)??
Thx a lot :)!!
'Damage per use' is indeed the damage of one single hit of the skill (not quite the same as one button press thanks to multistrike). The reason this stat is displayed instead of DPS is not because flicker strike is not affected by attack speed (it most definitely is). Rather,the game shows that stat instead in cases where DPS does not make sense. In this case, that is presumably because of flicker strike's cooldown, which muddles any DPS calculations unless you assume that you will always have a frenzy charge up. If you do want to know your DPS once that assumption is made, you'll have to calculate it manually.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jul 19, 2014, 8:35:57 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
'Damage per use' is indeed the damage of one single hit of the skill (not quite the same as one button press thanks to multistrike). The reason this stat is displayed instead of DPS is not because flicker strike is not affected by attack speed (it most definitely is). Rather,the game shows that stat instead in cases where DPS does not make sense. In this case, that is presumably because of flicker strike's cooldown, which muddles any DPS calculations unless you assume that you will always have a frenzy charge up. If you do want to know your DPS once that assumption is made, you'll have to calculate it manually.

Thx a lot. So, for example, if my flicker strike is supported by multistike and it shows that "damage per use" is 3000, i have that with 1 button press i do 9000 total dmg.. And if my attack per second is for example 5, do i have to make 9000*5 = 45k dps (of course assuming i have always frenzy charges to consume during this second)? Or do i have to suppose that the "attack per second" voice already include multistike and so i have to do something like 3000*5=15k? Thanks :)!!
"
Corsal8 wrote:
Or do i have to suppose that the "attack per second" voice already include multistike and so i have to do something like 3000*5=15k? Thanks :)!!
This.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Corsal8 wrote:
Or do i have to suppose that the "attack per second" voice already include multistike and so i have to do something like 3000*5=15k? Thanks :)!!
This.

Thx a lot mate. U cleared my mind :)!!
Have a nice day :)!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info