the best passive defense (no trigger) The Coil vs The Cloak

Hello fellow Exiled,
I'm wondering what is the best between both of them. With a shield I think the Cloak is better but with a quiver the Coil is better:
Lightning Coil + Darkscorn + Aventail Helmet (Corrupted of course) + BiS corrupted Ammy and ring + MoM
The Cloak of Défiance + Same Mindspiral + Same corrupted BiS + BiS corrupted shield

What do you think?
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Aegis aurora with high block/es/armor.

Cloak covers elemental damage too but requires 1800ish unreserved for optimal results, you also don't want rapid large hits that take you down to 0 mana. It gives no mitigation against degen including puncture which can be dangerous.

Coil gives you consistent physical mitigation with little requirement and it gives life. It can result in shock stacking in extreme cases though. It gives less mitigation than cloak but has no downtime(33% with 84 res).

You decide what you like better.

Thanks for participating but it's only about theses lovelies jacket a corrupted Aegis will off course do very well :)
With BiS corrupted gear you dont need high regen you always gain more mana than you take.
I think the coil is more for physical build due to the additional reduction MoM will take on and more life build oriented
The cloak is more es and lesser physical reduction and you need a shield to use it because Ondars flight is a too big disadvantage for endgame. 10% net mana or 0 without Mindspiral

By the way the goal is to determine wich one is best for what :)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Lightning Coil is 100% better in 100% of cases.

(Note: I may be extremely biased for personal reasons =P)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info