Permafreeze Blood Magic Cold Snapper Party Build (Solo viable)

Hey guys!

I want to share my Cold Snap permafreeze build with you which is even able to permafreeze Map Bosses. Teammates will love you for that and you will get additional love since you will be running Conduit.

First of all, the build starts working with this item:

You will also need Resolute Technique.

So how does it work?
Spoiler
When you first cast Cold Snap and hit an enemy, you will generate a power charge with Romira's Banquet if you don't crit (we will never crit since we have Resolute Technique). This power charge will be used to cast another Cold Snap which generates another power charge (and so on). Since the cooldown gets BYPASSED and not reseted, you will end up with maximum power charges after 12 seconds of attacking (depends on how many power charges you can have, with 3 it will be 12 seconds.

I also use an Enduring Cry to generate endurance charges.

All those charges will be shared with my party members since I am running Conduit

(Wow, very support, much awesome)

Rest of the gear is resistance, life and so on.

My Gear
Spoiler

Here the passive tree at lvl 73

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB6UUIBRNFHEWbxbzF1QZhRo4Gmwc3B8CIoEkqiY8Jy8pTyycLR8vnTbFNuk8BT1fRKtG10myUEdSU1WuVbVVxlZKWfNb9F3GXz9tGXKpfNl-WX_GghCCm4M4i4yOPI9Gj6aQVZMnlQSdrp6hns2f36IAoqOnCKcwp4Ssqq-btAy1BMAawQTB889l0NDYJNrd37Dfv-Fz42rjn-Qi6hjsOO0g7w7vfPAf9zL46w==

Passive tree with 100 points

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB6UUIBRNFHEWbxbzF1QYkRmFGjgabBzcHwIigSSqJjwnLylPLJwtHy-dNsU26TwFPV89_ESrRtdJskyzUDBQR1JTVa5VtVXGVkpZ81v0XcZfP20Zcqlyu3zZfll_xoIQgpuDOIuMjM-OPI9Gj6aQVZMnlQSdrp6hns2f36FtogCio6cIpzCnhKyqr5u0DLUEuc277cAawQTB889l0NDYJNrd217fsN-_4XPjauOf5CLqGOw47SDvDu988B_2SPcy-Os=

For leveling I use Glacial Cascade since it has almost the same modifiers as Cold Snap and will profit from all the nodes you take until you get Romira's Banquet

Progression is rather simple. You will go left first and take all nodes down to Blood Magic and the Marauder section. On higher levels you take the right way and take all the nodes there (including Conduit)

Offensive Setup

Spoiler
Cold Snap -> Concentrated effect -> Faster casting -> Spell Echo -> Life Leech (Cold Pen with 6 link)

DPS is 5,4 k atm (1,6 k Damage per cast, 0,31 Cast speed)

Freezing mobs is fun with this

Spoiler
Cold Snap -> Elemental Proliferation -> Added Cold damage with quality (gives 10 % chance to freeze with 20 Q)

Defensive Setup

Spoiler
Cast when Stunned -> Molten Shell -> Decoy Totem

Cast when damage taken -> Enduring Cry -> Immortal Call -> Increased Duration

For Boss Mobs
Spoiler
Searing Bond -> Increased Burning Damage

At lvl 73 I currently have 3,2 k life with 1,3 k armor. Resists are capped (chaos resistance is at +8%)

Not-so-good-video I recently streamed (not so experienced with making videos, will improve)

Spoiler
http://www.twitch.tv/sekay_tasadar/b/548449134

Feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Tasadir on Jul 19, 2014, 6:02:29 AM
reserved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info