New graphics card or Processor?

Hi Bradytribe,

For most gaming I'd say a graphics card would be more important as that's where a lot of the complex calculations get offloaded, so usually it's going to be doing the most work. The game's minimum requirements are here, though I'd definitely recommend trying to exceed them as much as you can, just on general principle. As you might expect, the more action going on, the harder it will be for low-end hardware to handle, even when calm scenes run fine.

With that in mind I'd also recommend going for at least 4 gigs of RAM, as low RAM PCs can sometimes run out of memory while playing PoE (There are solutions for this in the Common Technical Problems thread). It's also likely to make it a lot easier to play other games. 8 gigs tends to be more than enough for any gaming you'd want to do, while I tend to consider 16gig to be overkill.

I'm not familiar with American pricing for hardware components, but in my personal experience, you can generally get AMD cards for cheaper than a comparable Nvidia card. However, I have found them to be less compatible, and more prone to having problems than their Nvidia counterparts. I once had an AMD card that could run PoE fine, but it didn't like Photoshop at all, and generated all sorts of graphical glitches when I tried to run it. This was a few years ago though.

If you do decide to go for an Nvidia card, you might also be eligible for this PoE Point promotion. Still, the advantage of a PC is you can upgrade later, so I would recommend ensuring all the hardware you plan on getting is of a decent, functional quality before deciding to spend extra on high-end gear.

Good luck!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info