[Suggestion] PvP Sandbox league

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I've been thinking about a way to make a good balance for HLD PvP and that's what came out of my mind:

PvP Sandbox league:

- there is no monsters/rogue exiles in instances.
- every zone/difficulty/vendor are unlocked at the beginning.
- every character created in this league begin lvl 100 with 120 points unallocated (for bandit points do the recipe).
- each vendor will sell items ilvl 78 for free:
Vendors

+ Nessa: Sell every flask and jewelry
+ Tarkleigh: Sell every weapon/armor
+ Yeena: Sell every skill gem 20/20
+ Greust: Sell every support gem 20/20
+ Clarissa: Sell every currency
+ Hargan: Sell every unique

- every armor/weapon/unique are already fully linked and with white sockets.

This way there would be no problem of unfair gear difference or level difference between players.
It will be easier for GGG to see OP skill/gear/passive combination.
GGG could scale damage of certain skills/items so it affect only the PvP league.
The fact that there is no monsters makes it so people won't join the league for PvE tests with uber gear.
It would attract more people to PvP.

It is possible to adapt this for LLD, make characters spawn lvl 28 and vendors sell at apropriate ilvl, could reduce lvl of gems with recipe.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Would you enjoy a league like that?
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
Last edited by Dullahan987 on Jul 17, 2014, 6:15:08 AM
Sounds interessting for me, yes. I only see two problems:
No monsters, no uniques.
And if GGG is not hiring at least one person only doing PVP related themes and balance, the changes will take way too long.
This game has three main pillars to stay alive long time: PVP, Races and Leagues. And every one of these have the same priority for me. GGG really should think about this.
Last edited by PigBrother on Jul 17, 2014, 8:02:54 AM
This is the only way pvp will ever be playable or approachable for anyone who hasn't already spent months grinding. It would address what is by far the biggest problem with pvp; it's such a good addition that I don't think it'll ever happen.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Jul 17, 2014, 9:52:03 AM
"
PigBrother wrote:
I only see two problems:
No monsters, no uniques.

Why would no monsters be a problem? also Hargan would sell every unique, I've put it in description already.
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
Last edited by Dullahan987 on Jul 17, 2014, 11:07:11 AM
"
"
PigBrother wrote:
I only see two problems:
No monsters, no uniques.

Why would no monsters be a problem? also Hargan would sell every unique, I've put it in description already.

Sorry, you are right, didnt saw this in the list.
Then only one problem remains :-)
Last edited by PigBrother on Jul 17, 2014, 11:10:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info